OFFNY

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"So I suppose, in a way, we invented M.T.V."

George Harrison, 1995

Lies damn it. Lies!!!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube_share;Iwuy4hHO3YQ]

13 years after the "Rain" and "Paperback Writer" promotional videos.

You can imitate anyone you know.

Yes, you can imitate anyone you know.

Ok so I got the chance to listen to the post game report on my drive home and I wanted to mention some things Buck said (sorry if this is a repost)

He said that he wanted to use as many relief guys as possible after a 4 day layoff. His reasoning is that they had a lot of time off so are rested but they might be rusty and basically for the greater good of the upcoming games he wanted his bullpen to knock off the rust.

He also said that he wanted to start all position players today for the same reason. He didnt want anyone resting for 5 days or more.

Third- the best quote from Manny "being back is like a fat kid in a candy store getting to see all the faces and guys". He is excited

Heh. On my phone, my MLB Franchise 2014 guy is playing for the Tides. The name's John Irenicus, and he plays 1B. He just went 5 for 5 with two 2-run homers and 3 doubles, and turned 4 double plays. Then, after the game, he spent $180 on a sports drink so he'd have enough energy to play the next game.

I'll let you guys know once Buck brings John up to the majors. I think it'll be a while; his BA is only .714, with 21 homers, a .998 fielding percentage and 74 extra-base hits (doubles/triples) over 67 games played.

He's not very good, well below replacement level, but he might be able to fill in for Chris Davis for a little while.

Archived