Batting third, and playing RF - Francisco Peguero

wildcard

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to make a call for 18 more days. Lough is fine as a defensive replacement.

When Peguero rehab time is up or when Wieters go back to catching and Cruz moves to DH, that is the time for a decision. I don't think it does any good for Peguero to come up and sit on the bench.

After an 0 fpr 7 combined over the last two games, Peguero is at it again. 2 for 2. Double, single and one run scored. Currently at 381 avg.

Me likey what I see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His five-game hot streak has now bumped his PCL-heavy career AAA OPS up to .721. That's 75 points behind Lough.

Hey, I am just following the guy. I don't know if he is better or worse the Lough. However, Lough has set the bar pretty low so far this year offensively.

Hey, I am just following the guy. I don't know if he is better or worse the Lough. However, Lough has set the bar pretty low so far this year offensively.

You should know, or at least have a strong opinion. There's a whole lot of evidence, very little from this year.

We are not playing the game three years ago in the PCL. We are playing it today and right now the 25th man on the roster isn't cutting it, so why not bring up a guy who is hitting to replace him? The difference on defense isn't all that much. It's not like either is going to be a full time starting LF.

We are not playing the game three years ago in the PCL. We are playing it today and right now the 25th man on the roster isn't cutting it, so why not bring up a guy who is hitting to replace him? The difference on defense isn't all that much. It's not like either is going to be a full time starting LF.

Because you're setting the team up for failure by ignoring relevant evidence and counting on 9-for-25 being meaningful.

And don't pretend his poor AAA numbers are three year old stale information. Sure he hit .316 last year at Fresno, but with almost no walks or power which led to him having the 8th-best OPS among regulars, on a sub-.500 team.

Because you're setting the team up for failure by ignoring relevant evidence and counting on 9-for-25 being meaningful.

And don't pretend his poor AAA numbers are three year old stale information. Sure he hit .316 last year at Fresno, but with almost no walks or power which led to him having the 8th-best OPS among regulars, on a sub-.500 team.

God save us if the choice of a 25th man sets us up for failure. :rolleyestf:

Archived