Batting third, and playing RF - Francisco Peguero

wildcard

Or Peguero is one of the several 4A types that DD routinely signs for depth, hoping to catch lightening in a bottle, etc., and then releases during a given year.

Are you honestly going to argue that EVERY player that the O's acquire helps the team? Or even makes it onto the team?

But according to the cognoscenti there is no lightning there to catch.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you've got this backwards. Lough is more likely to be claimed on waivers than Peguero is.

Lough at least has one established skill in the majors -- playing excellent defense. That alone might make a team willing to take a chance on him despite his brutal offensive season thus far. Peguero, meanwhile, is an unknown commodity in the majors, and his minor league numbers don't suggest he's bound for big league success. Keep in mind that Lough handily out-hit Peguero in the minors (higher OBP, SLG, and OPS), though he is a bit older than Peguero.

If you're that worried about losing Peguero, then you could call him up to replace Delmon Young, who doesn't have any role on this team that Steve Pearce can't fill.

Hmm. I think we will have the opportunity to find out who gets claimed and who passes through in the near future.

The O's evaluators must have had some treason for picking up Peguero. in spite of his poor numbers. I wonder what that could have been? Or maybe they just forgot to call Drungo.

The O's evaluators also picked up Lough, and gave him the starting LF job ahead of Peguero. What does that tell you?

The O's evaluators also picked up Lough, and gave him the starting LF job ahead of Peguero. What does that tell you?

Peguero was never healthy in ST. That isn't an accurate statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Peguero got injured in ST.

Lough had a years major league experience on Peguero. And if Lough would have hit, Peguero would probably never make the O's roster. But Lough has not hit. Thus opening the door for someone else. As it happens Peguero in hitting well at AAA and his rehab in nearing an end. The O's need to make a choice and they will.

There is no guarantee that Peguero performs well for the O's. Heck if he gets promoted Buck may only use him a a defensive replacement and he may almost never hit. Or Buck could want him in the lineup everyday with Cruz DHing. Its probably more likely its something in between. How Peguero does (if promoted) will determine how long he stays.

Peguero was never healthy in ST. That isn't an accurate statement.

Peguero was never in competition for the starting LF job. That job basically belonged to Lough as soon as the O's acquired him. Peguero was competing for a bench spot before he got hurt.

That Peguero got injured in ST.

Lough had a years major league experience on Peguero. And if Lough would have hit, Peguero would probably never make the O's roster. But Lough has not hit. Thus opening the door for someone else. As it happens Peguero in hitting well at AAA and his rehab in nearing an end. The O's need to make a choice and they will.

I don't see why they necessarily have to choose between Lough and Peguero. There's room for both on the roster if the O's want to evaluate Peguero in the majors.

I don't see why they necessarily have to choose between Lough and Peguero. There's room for both on the roster if the O's want to evaluate Peguero in the majors.

Yep, if they even think he can hit LHP reasonably well, then he should take Young's spot. We are wasting a roster spot between Young and Pearce as it is.

The reason Lough goes instead of Young is that Lough is not hitting. Its pretty simple.

OK, Time to call Peguero up.

He went 3 for 4 with a Double, HBP and 4 runs scored tonight.

His line is 354/404/417/821 in 48 AB. He has scored 11 runs.

Peguero ahould be up for the Cleveland series. Lough DFA'd and outrighted to Norfolk. Lough probably will not be claim.

I just wrote about Peguero in another thread but I had the opportunity to watch him play last night in Charlotte and boy does he look ready. The injury looks to be non-existent....he wasn't favoring anything from what I could tell. He went 1st to 3rd and easily could've scored on a double to the gap but Walling held him up. He had some sound hits and used all fields....I was impressed with how fluid he was in RF as well.

I sat by the 3rd base bag and told the 3b coach Walling, "time to bring up Peguero and Lombo and bring down Flaherty and Lough'. He looked over at me smiled and said, "it's not my decision". Sounds like DD is real close to making the change.

TDLUbBC.jpg

I just wrote about Peguero in another thread but I had the opportunity to watch him play last night in Charlotte and boy does he look ready. The injury looks to be non-existent....he wasn't favoring anything from what I could tell. He went 1st to 3rd and easily could've scored on a double to the gap but Walling held him up. He had some sound hits and used all fields....I was impressed with how fluid he was in RF as well.

I sat by the 3rd base bag and told the 3b coach Walling, "time to bring up Peguero and Lombo and bring down Flaherty and Lough'. He looked over at me smiled and said, "it's not my decision". Sounds like DD is real close to making the change.

TDLUbBC.jpg

Careful, after reading this thread, I think some are related to Lough on here:)

I prefer Ryan Flaherty's flexibility but he hasn't played in a while. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Lombo up. He has been playing 3B and LF at Norfolk.

I watched the game last night and he looked good. The place looked packed last night!

TDLUbBC.jpg

Nice picture. Thanks for sharing your on scene insights.

The majority of the time there is no lightening.
So if it is obvious from the numbers that there is no lightning there, the O's evaluators must be pretty stupid not to se the obvious. Or maybe there is something there to see that hasn't been reflected in the numbers. Heresy. I know.

Archived