Orioles will recall RHP Preston Guilmet

Greg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He gave up six runs in a third of an inning two appearances ago.
Oh wow.
:eek:

And that was against AAA hitters. For all of the times Hunter has been shaky at least it's been vs ML competition. I can't see this being anything more than depth at the moment.

For all the gnashing of teeth we'd better get used to the idea that Buck didn't get the closer he wanted and now we have his history. That tells us he's deliberate at making changes.

I sure hope Tommy is working on things with Dave and Dom.

I expect to see to Gausman on Thursday. I believe the O's management think he is ready for the majors. Guilmet is just a fill in until Gausman is available. Gausman pitched on Sat. and is not available until Thursday.

Just mine opinion.

Replacing who?? Do you know he is on a severe pitch count??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replacing who?? Do you know he is on a severe pitch count??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Severe??? He's been at 75 pitches for some time. And this had been discussed before here. To take that to 90 pitches is not a big deal and from there to 100 isn't a stretch.

They will bring him up when they think he's ready. If wildcard is right, and I hope he is, then the pitch count he's been on won't matter except that it will mean he's available to us later in the year.

Severe??? He's been at 75 pitches for some time. And this had been discussed before here. To take that to 90 pitches is not a big deal and from there to 100 isn't a stretch.

They will bring him up when they think he's ready. If wildcard is right, and I hope he is, then the pitch count he's been on won't matter except that it will mean he's available to us later in the year.

Sorry, not seeing it.

As a bullpen arm maybe....

Interesting move, call up a guy with AAA closer experience while Tommy is struggling. I wonder if Britton is taking over and Guillmet goes into the mix for Britton's spot. Who is our long man?

Or is this just a temporary move while TJ won't be available for a few days?

Would Guillmet have to go through waivers to be sent down?

:eek:

And that was against AAA hitters. For all of the times Hunter has been shaky at least it's been vs ML competition. I can't see this being anything more than depth at the moment.

For all the gnashing of teeth we'd better get used to the idea that Buck didn't get the closer he wanted and now we have his history. That tells us he's deliberate at making changes.

I sure hope Tommy is working on things with Dave and Dom.

In AAA last year: 1.68 ERA in 64 1/3 IP, 10.1 SO/9, 2.0 BB/9, 6.0 H/9, 0.886 WHIP

Those are stellar numbers.

Aside from that outing where he only went 1/3 of an inning any allowed 3 hits, 3 walks and a homer (6 ER in all)...he has been spectacular for the tides:

2014: 14 IP, 8 H, 1 BB, 17 SO, 3 ER. That translates to a 1.93 ERA, 5 H/9, 0.6 BB/9, 10.9 SO/9, 0.643 WHIP

2013: 64 1/3 IP, 10.1 SO/9, 2.0 BB/9, 6.0 H/9, 0.886 WHIP, 1.68 ERA

Those numbers are very close to one another.

Guilmet has electric stuff. And solid control.

Career minor league numbers: 2.71 ERA, 9.8 SO/9, 2.0 BB/9, 0.997 WHIP, 7.0 H/9

I'm excited to see him called up. I think he's going to be a stud for us.

Thanks

Also I don't see the Os rushing Gausman up here. He should be staring at AAA until he is starting here.

When Meek was sent down the O's were going to promote Gausman but he was sick. To me that means they think he is ready.

Buck wants to add a righthander to the pen that will add length. Guilmet is righthanded but he does not add length. That makes me think Guilmet is just a fill in until Gausman is 5 days past his last start.

As far as Guilmet's option. He has been optioned this year which means that option can be used all year long. He has one more option in addition to that for next year or whenever. Here is where you can find option information on the Hangout: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/137234-2014-Orioles-40-man-Roster-Tracker

Archived