We Are Who We Are - a .500 team

brianod

Now that you've got that out of your system, the question remains: What did Jason La Canfora bring to the discussion that the most simpleminded OH Plus Member didn't already understand as gospel? Why are you wasting everybody's time with Jason La Canfora tweets?

"Birdland" has no app for judging what is or isn't a waste of our time--Birdland is a Bot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It is time to sell imho. Buck lost this game by his move to Matusz. We were well on our way to a win had he left well enough alone and let O'Day pitch for the last out. Tampa had lost the battle of the pens, they were running out of players and Buck decides to let Matusz replace O'Day knowing Tampa had a rightie in reserve. Ask yourself, given the situation would you rather have O'Day against a lefite or Matusz against a righty? Once TB ran out of righties to pinch hit, Matusz would have been fine in extra innings, had we needed him. Bottom line is that was poor managing and it cost us big time. Further bottom line is that we simply don't have enough talent and Buck isn't good enough to overcome that. He's an average manager doing an average job for a team that has average talent. Given the fact that we can only afford an average payroll, this team will only succeed long term if DD is an above average GM. I'm skeptical about that as well. But, I say we have had 1 1/2 yrs of average, it's time for change.

This team can still make the playoffs. I believe they will. They're playing as poorly as they can, with the Jays playing as well as they can, and the O's are just 5 games back with 93 games left. This team will win the division.

This team can still make the playoffs. I believe they will. They're playing as poorly as they can, with the Jays playing as well as they can, and the O's are just 5 games back with 93 games left. This team will win the division.

We are a .500 team over the last year and a half and we have lost Wieters for the season. Instead of making a bold move for a catcher that can replace him, we signed a weak backup. Sorry, but that's not gonna cut it. As always, I'm hoping you are right and I am wrong. But with 93 games left, we will end up below .500 or right at it without major improvements. I don't think the organization has the money to make those improvements, thus, I am advocating letting DD sell and regrouping over the next few years. If we sit and hope for the best, we could go back to the dark ages. No-one wants that.

We will not finish above .500 this season.

You heard it here first. Far too many holes all around the team and we very well might end up sending our best pitcher back to AAA because we can't "make room for him".

Doesn't sound like a .500 team to me. Would love to be wrong, I just don't see it happening.

You heard it here first. Far too many holes all around the team and we very well might end up sending our best pitcher back to AAA because we can't "make room for him".

Doesn't sound like a .500 team to me. Would love to be wrong, I just don't see it happening.

Don't worry, that's why you're still at Norfolk

Looking at the numbers the only reason this team is even around .500 is because of Cruz, Britton, O'day. This team has the same needs it had in the offseason. TOR starter and a LF and 2B. DD needs to make some moves or this team will end up under .500. It's frustrating because this is the year to "go for it" given how the usual powers in that East are down.

I thought about making this a new thread, but I put it here. What is with the O's lackadaisical poor hitting? Very impatient hitters. Continue to swing at balls. They make mediocre 5 or more ERA pitchers look like Sandy Koufax. There pitching so far has been great and greeted with wasted good outings. This lazy hitting started last year at the beginning of September, that cost us the playoffs. This year it continues. There is no urgency with the team hitting. They rarely work the opposing pitcher and constantly making 1 pitch outs. I know O's hitting coach Preston is a personal friend of Showalter, but at some point the paying fans need to be thought of if his friend is not doing the job. If the team just had a little more hitting they be in first place. It seems like every hitter is swinging for a home run and striking out more than ever. A good team usually has different hitters hot at different times and this way the team gets production needed from different players when needed consistently. The team seems to want hit at the same time to feed off each other and they all slump at the same time. The O's hitting is the reason the O's are a 500 team.http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.png

So the O's are in slump!!! Let me repeat this again: They are 35-34! 4 out of the loss column in the East. 2 out of the WC! There are 93 games left! The starting pitching is starting to turn! The bats SHOULD wake up! Yes, losing Wieters hurts. I think Caleb and Hundley are adequate! Gausman and Bundy are on the horizon!

relax!!!:)

I'm a little nervous about this myself. Many things have been breaking against us this season, and we've failed to take advantage of the soft part of our schedule. Wieters being out for the year is a huge blow, and many players are having disappointing seasons. About the only thing that gives me hope is the recent run of good starting pitching, but even there, we have failed to take advantage of it.

I'm a little nervous about this myself. Many things have been breaking against us this season, and we've failed to take advantage of the soft part of our schedule. Wieters being out for the year is a huge blow, and many players are having disappointing seasons. About the only thing that gives me hope is the recent run of good starting pitching, but even there, we have failed to take advantage of it.

8 straight "quality starts" and I believe they said like 17 of the last 20 have been quality starts, and I believe we are one game under .500 in that span. If that isn't cause for concern, I don't know what is.

This offense lives and dies by the home run, and with Wieters gone, Hardy at ZERO, and Manny, Davis, and Jones all having less then their normal power production, we are in deep doo doo.

Archived