Bundy throws 4 perfect innings

BMann

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woah....is this legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa is that they wouldn't be there. Whoa would be if no one noticed that a healed up Dylan Bundy is on the cusp of having major league value.

Jeez. The guy has thrown a total of 18.1 innings at AA or above in his career, is coming off TJ surgery that has kept him out of competitive games for more than a year, and is 21 years old. Why do people have such unrealistic expectations for the kid? You're not happy enough with the way we've screwed up Gausman?

This is one of the best posts of all time.

Jeez. The guy has thrown a total of 18.1 innings at AA or above in his career, is coming off TJ surgery that has kept him out of competitive games for more than a year, and is 21 years old. Why do people have such unrealistic expectations for the kid? You're not happy enough with the way we've screwed up Gausman?

This. Times 1,000. Bundy was not a lock for a ML job before he got hurt. He should be allowed to fully recover from his surgery and work against MiL hitters for much more than a few weeks before the O's consider tossing him back into the ML furnace. Personally, I hope the first we see of Bundy in Baltimore is in 2015...unless he travels to OPACY to watch a game from the stands.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bundy threw very well today. Os talking about sending him to Aberdeen soon.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Man it would be great if Jeff comes to Baltimore. It changes everything about this season.

Do you really think (what one should realistically expect from) Shark is that much better than what the Orioles have now that it jumps them into being a frontrunner for a playoff spot? You wouldn't trade Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey for a slightly better chance at a wild card play-in game, would you?

This might just be me, but I hate feeling conflicted when the Orioles win because I don't have the confidence that Duquette won't think this is a playoff team and do something stupid (in my opinion) in trading one of those three for an over-achieving mid-rotation starter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Why the Orioles SHOULD NOT go after Jeff Samardzija... <a href="http://t.co/kXBSHp5Xx0">pic.twitter.com/kXBSHp5Xx0</a></p>? Daniel Clark (@DC_TBLDaily) <a href="
">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

SSS across the board, but the O's pitchers actually were pretty good with Wieters behind the plate (3.88 ERA, 850 PA), and they've been bad-to-awful with Clevenger and Hundley (4.85 ERA in 734 PA for Clevenger, 5.64 ERA in 200 PA so far for Hundley). That said, they've actually been quite good with Joseph behind the dish (2.96 ERA, 343 PA).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Aberdeen's season starts on June 13, so Bundy could make one more ext spring start and then make next one for the <a href="https://twitter.com/IronBirds">@IronBirds</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

Do you really think (what one should realistically expect from) Shark is that much better than what the Orioles have now that it jumps them into being a frontrunner for a playoff spot? You wouldn't trade Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey for a slightly better chance at a wild card play-in game, would you?

This might just be me, but I hate feeling conflicted when the Orioles win because I don't have the confidence that Duquette won't think this is a playoff team and do something stupid (in my opinion) in trading one of those three for an over-achieving mid-rotation starter.

This could certainly be a playoff team. But I'm not dealing anyone above ERod on the prospect list. Certainly not for Samardzija.

This could certainly be a playoff team. But I'm not dealing anyone above ERod on the prospect list. Certainly not for Samardzija.

Trading Dylan for JS is a no-brainer. I mean it literally would take zero brain capacity to trade away someone with a ceiling like Bundy in favor of Samardzija whom I like.

Ed Rod or Berry and a couple other pieces would do it, but Bundy goes nowhere and could possibly enhance our PO chances out of the pen if the pieces fall into place.

Archived