Bundy throws 4 perfect innings

BMann

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch Kobatko reports excellent news from Bundy's extended spring training start:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/06/bundy-tosses-four-perfect-innings-in-extended-spring-training.html

Fastball hit 94. Very encouraging.

Touched 94, but sitting lower than that. I'm not sure how I'd feel if his fastball averaged out to around 91-92 in games going forward.

Touched 94, but sitting lower than that. I'm not sure how I'd feel if his fastball averaged out to around 91-92 in games going forward.

He's going to get stronger, He wont be sitting around 91-92 in a couple weeks. Give the guy some time.

I know I don't spend a ton of time fretting about what the consequences are of someone kind of inexplicably and immediately halting progress in his rehab program.

Bundy is a big believer in long toss which can strengthen and increase velocity. However, it's, not done aggressively in season. Trevor Bauer has a pre game routine and maybe Dylan does, too, but I would look to next year for him to make gains in velocity with a full off season of work outs.

Heh...though the comment was fairly innocuous, I had a feeling after clicking "submit" that it'd get a few replies. I'm not panicking at all about Bundy's velocity right now, but I'm also not really thinking about his role with the team until his rehab reaches a stage that could be called "complete." In other words, he's an injured pitcher whose progress interests me...not someone I'm counting on when I consider the O's near and long term future.

Hopefully he'll continue to improve and, eventually, convincingly force his way back into the Orioles' pitching picture.

Heh...though the comment was fairly innocuous, I had a feeling after clicking "submit" that it'd get a few replies. I'm not panicking at all about Bundy's velocity right now, but I'm also not really thinking about his role with the team until his rehab reaches a stage that could be called "complete." In other words, he's an injured pitcher whose progress interests me...not someone I'm counting on when I consider the O's near and long term future.

Hopefully he'll continue to improve and, eventually, convincingly force his way back into the Orioles' pitching picture.

I would say this is a better nuanced comment than the previous one, but I get where you are going. I do think however, that there is a huge gap between interest in his progress and counting on his contribution when "complete."

I think he has some very interesting potential contribution between now and say next spring where we will have a greater expectation that, barring a setback, he is truly "complete" in his rehab. I think a 90% to 95% Bundy in Late July or August could be quite interesting. We will see and your final comment above is dead on...to contribute, he will "convincingly force his way back into the Orioles' pitching picture!"

Archived