2014 Orioles Draft Tracker

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> announce they've signed 2014 draftees INF Riley Palmer (31st round), OF Jamil Moquete (32nd round) & OF Tad Gold (35th round).</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These are official. More are taking physicals.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> announce they've signed 2014 draftees INF Riley Palmer (31st round), OF Jamil Moquete (32nd round) & OF Tad Gold (35th round).</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">June 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These are official. More are taking physicals.

Wow position players!

So we went about 106K over to sign Gonzalez. Saved about 40K on Hess. Will probably wind up saving around 500K on senior picks 7-10.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draftdb/index.php

According to Baseball America, Steve Wilkerson (8) signed for 10K and Jay Gonzalez (10) signed for 5K

My unofficial calculations (in my head) puts us about 215K in the black. If our senior picks in the 6h and 9th round sign for 10K each, that's another 300K in potential savings. What will Rajsich do with that savings?

Brandon Bonilla, Tucker Simpson....?????

So we went about 106K over to sign Gonzalez. Saved about 40K on Hess. Will probably wind up saving around 500K on senior picks 7-10.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draftdb/index.php

According to Baseball America, Steve Wilkerson (8) signed for 10K and Jay Gonzalez (10) signed for 5K

My unofficial calculations (in my head) puts us about 215K in the black. If our senior picks in the 6h and 9th round sign for 10K each, that's another 300K in potential savings. What will Rajsich do with that savings?

Here's what eb45 says,

Did some research. Here's the guys drafted after round 10 that could be nice additions if they sign:

Jean Cosme - Puerto Rico HS righty, PG loves him, BA had him fifth among Puerto Rican prospects. Projectable frame, hits low-90s, shows decent curve. No college commitment. Not sure what that means but it could mean he signs.

Gage Burland - Gonzaga commit, big, athletic frame, PG says "easy" low-90s, saw a real nice curve on video. PG says he has some feel for a change but I didn't see it. Doubt he signs, but you never know. Ayers signed last year.

Brandon Koch - UC Riverside commit, ideal body, good mechanics, movement on FB. PG only has him at 87 but with his frame (6'5, 200) there's a good chance he could see a big jump. Got interest from basically a who's who of top college programs, including LSU, Cal Poly, UCLA, Fullerton, USC, Oregon, and Indiana. Probably would be best served going to college, but if he signs, he could be one to watch.

Hunter Hart - Indiana commit, out with a knee injury, will throw for O's scouts before they make him an offer. 6'3, 180, PG has him up to 90 but sitting around 86-88. Another guy who'd probably improve his draft stock considerably by going to college, but the O's could get a bargain if teams passed on him because of the knee.

From Roch today....

NOTE: The Orioles announced the signings of 16 more 2014 draft picks: LH Jon Means (11th round), RH Nigel Nootbaar (12), OF Gerrion Grim (14), INF Alejandro Juvier (15), RH Tanner Chleborad (16), RH Matthew Grimes (18), RH Zach Albin (20), LH John McLeod (21), RH Josh Walker (22), RH Zeke McGranahan (23), RH Lucas Long (24), INF Austin Pfeiffer (27), RH Patrick Baker (29), RH Michael Burke (30), INF Alexander Lee (36) and RH Keegan Ghidotti (38).

From Roch today....

NOTE: The Orioles announced the signings of 16 more 2014 draft picks: LH Jon (Drungo) Means (11th round), RH Nigel Nootbaar (12), OF Gerrion Grim (14), INF Alejandro Juvier (15), RH Tanner Chleborad (16), RH Matthew Grimes (18), RH Zach Albin (20), LH John McLeod (21), RH Josh Walker (22), RH Zeke McGranahan (23), RH Lucas Long (24), INF Austin Pfeiffer (27), RH Patrick Baker (29), RH Michael Burke (30), INF Alexander Lee (36) and RH Keegan Ghidotti (38).

Another Zach, a Zeke and a Keegan - go get 'em guys! Live out your dreams! Awaiting Brandons Bo (24) and Koch (33)....

Scott signed for 650K, which basically means we can say goodbye to any chance of adding Burland/Koch/whoever else. I'd imagine Schuh has an underslot deal worked out, though, so the penalty shouldn't be a big one

Schuh was not a senior-rather a redshirt junior-not sure he will be signing for 10K or not. Also, I don't think that Austin Anderson has signed yet since Mississippi was just recently eliminated from the College World Series(his name is bolded in the Draft Tracker).

Schuh was not a senior-rather a redshirt junior-not sure he will be signing for 10K or not. Also, I don't think that Austin Anderson has signed yet since Mississippi was just recently eliminated from the College World Series(his name is bolded in the Draft Tracker).

He is under agreement.

He is under agreement.
From Roch today....

NOTE: The Orioles announced the signings of 16 more 2014 draft picks: LH Jon Means (11th round), RH Nigel Nootbaar (12), OF Gerrion Grim (14), INF Alejandro Juvier (15), RH Tanner Chleborad (16), RH Matthew Grimes (18), RH Zach Albin (20), LH John McLeod (21), RH Josh Walker (22), RH Zeke McGranahan (23), RH Lucas Long (24), INF Austin Pfeiffer (27), RH Patrick Baker (29), RH Michael Burke (30), INF Alexander Lee (36) and RH Keegan Ghidotti (38).

Add number 14 Gerrion Grim to the bolded lot of signees....

I don't see any penalty at all. If Anderson and Schuh sign for about 10K each as seniors, that puts us right about even with our pool allotment, considering we went about 410K over on Scott. According to the tracker in the OP, we saved about 200K without Anderson and Schuh's signing and the O's should save over 100K each on each of those guys.

My bad, forgot about Anderson. You're right. If Schuh is significantly under slot (and I imagine they've got a deal worked out or they wouldn't have announced Scott's bonus) everything's good.

My bad, forgot about Anderson. You're right. If Schuh is significantly under slot (and I imagine they've got a deal worked out or they wouldn't have announced Scott's bonus) everything's good.

What do you know about Scott. Was it simply the Texas Tech commit that sent him here?

Archived