Ryan Ripken

scOtt

Wasn't sure where to put this. Feel free to move.

According to Roch:

" The Nationals selected first baseman Ryan Ripken, son of Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr., in the 15th round out of Indian River State College in Florida.

The Orioles selected Ripken in the 20th round of the 2012 draft, but he chose to attend the University of South Carolina. "

Is Ryan done with college? Or might he not sign?

Also is he worth a 15th round pick? Did we miss out? Did the Nats jump the gun to harass us?

Wasn't sure where to put this. Feel free to move.

According to Roch:

" The Nationals selected first baseman Ryan Ripken, son of Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr., in the 15th round out of Indian River State College in Florida.

The Orioles selected Ripken in the 20th round of the 2012 draft, but he chose to attend the University of South Carolina. "

Is Ryan done with college? Or might he not sign?

Also is he worth a 15th round pick? Did we miss out? Did the Nats jump the gun to harass us?

Very few people now think Ryan will have a baseball career. He did not leave South Carolina because he did not like his classes. Last season he hit a home run. In a State College league. I assume that they are courting the father with this pick. You?

Very few people now think Ryan will have a baseball career. He did not leave South Carolina because he did not like his classes. Last season he hit a home run. In a State College league. I assume that they are courting the father with this pick. You?

I didn't know how good or bad he is. Sounds like a shot across the bow. :P

I agree; that was my initial thought.

Ripken hit .321/.374/.389 for his Juco team this year, as a 1B. He was 3rd in BA, 4th in OBP and 5th in SLG among the regulars on his team. Of course, he already transferred from South Carolina after redshirting there as a freshman. I don't see a lot of value there other than his pedigree.

South Carolina has a history of producing MLB players.

Archived