Orioles - Phillies trade proposal ESPN Insider

Roll Tide

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/C_ZQDC/phillies/embed/select/v8X5n5iqP2xk" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THIS IS INSANE. If they do this, I will explode.(Some on here will hope that it happens now).

Amen. Give up a young, highly talented potential Ace for an over the hill but sometimes effective starter and a closer who is having a good year but is hardly consistent year to year? You can improve your pen without paying the premium you would have to for a "closer"

If DD made that deal I would immediately have him sent to John Hopkins for a head CT and figure out what is wrong with him. It would be stupid...very stupid.

I like Papelbon, but I don't think Burnett is an upgrade over what we currently have. Maybe Parker and Berry for Papelbon + cash?

I think you forget Papelbon, you can get an effective reliever without paying the price that comes attached with a closer at the trade deadline. This team has a closer who is more than effective IMO.

Sounds more like it.

I think the issue is that is not going to get done by a long shot.

The O's have some top shelf talent, thin middle of the road talent though, I suspect there are a number of teams who could easily beat that package

I appreciate that there are lots of conversations going on regarding potential trades. Who is available, who would help.

AJ Burnett is not better than ANY SP currently on the O's. I don't think he would be an improvement over Ubaldo even. I think all of this is just noise and I trust that DD is not going to make moves just to make them. If he thinks he can make us better he will. I am good with that and have confidence it will work out the way we want. For me, that is AL East plus at least a memorable run in playoffs. Don't sweat the noise and there is going to be lots of it.

Roy it's ok, you can relax.

Edit to add that while Paps may well be an upgrade. His contract and his piece of $_-t attitude means he isn't coming here.

I think the issue is that is not going to get done by a long shot.

The O's have some top shelf talent, thin middle of the road talent though, I suspect there are a number of teams who could easily beat that package

Why do we need Papples? We don't. I would be very very happy with Koji. I think that is all we need.

If you can get an upgrade at 2B, do it. If not, lets go with what we have IMO.

I appreciate that there are lots of conversations going on regarding potential trades. Who is available, who would help.

AJ Burnett is not better than ANY SP currently on the O's. I don't think he would be an improvement over Ubaldo even. I think all of this is just noise and I trust that DD is not going to make moves just to make them. If he thinks he can make us better he will. I am good with that and have confidence it will work out the way we want. For me, that is AL East plus at least a memorable run in playoffs. Don't sweat the noise and there is going to be lots of it.

Roy it's ok, you can relax.

This!!! AMEN!

P.S-HE DOESN"T WANT TO PLAY HERE<SCREW HIM>

Archived