vs. WHITE SOX, 8/19

OFFNY

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delmon Young is faster than my load times right now...sheesh

Can you perform a test for me, please?

Step 1: If you aren't using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, please install that at this time, and run it.

Step 2: Install the AdBlock Plus extension. You can find it at https://adblockplus.org

Step 3: See if the page loads faster.

Step 4: If it DOES load significantly faster, please go to this thread and make a post stating that ads are severely impacting your site experience.

Step 5: If it DOES NOT improve your load times significantly, please let us know here.

Step 6: After you've finished your testing, please disable AdBlock Plus again, to give Tony some revenue. I know, I know; I'm a big, lousy hypocrite on this, but someone's gotta do it. And I sincerely hope that by having folks complain about the laggy ads, Tony will get them removed, leaving only ads that are minimally invasive.

I'm trying to be a force for positive change, here. I love the Hangout but people need to make their concerns known while also becoming informed about the source of the problem. :)

Sorry that you are having trouble.

I'm not having that problem but I am once again having the problem where the page never officially completes loading and it says that it's still reading from "google analytics". It doesn't hurt that much because the entire page is visible on the screen and i can read it. But because the browser doesn't think it's done, it doesn't put the little refresh button up. So I can't immediately hit refresh. I have to hit the "X" button to stop loading, THEN the refresh button appears and I can hit it. As I said, I can read the whole page so it is a very, very minor nuisance. But a minor nuisance nonetheless. I reported it to Tony a few weeks back when it was happening, and it stopped after a few days. It's been happening again, at least since last night.

Archived