vs. CUBS, 8/22

OFFNY

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, what bad managing decision. Someone had to pitch this inning. McFarland is on the team so he's got to pitch. Makes sense it would be when we're down, not with a tight lead. If McF doesn't fall behind 2-0 to a .201 hitter, we probably get out of the inning. It's on McF, not Showalter.

To me, McFarland is a long man, not a matchup guy.

I would have started the inning with brach and just let him blow people away.

McFarland let's far too many lead off guys get on base for him to be a matchup guy

McFarland let's far too many lead off guys get on base for him to be a matchup guy

I agree he isn't match up guy but he had already used Matusz and like I said he needs work. The one thing with how good our starters have been is getting a guy like TJ into the game.

Does anyone feel like the Cubbies are trying to rub it in a little? The manager went out there in the 7th and left Jake in. Why he had to come out of the dugout? I don't know. Now they bring in Strop another former Oriole.

No, Strop seems to follow Jake a lot, and I don't know what the reasoning behind it though.

I don't think that Showalter was matching up with McFarland. It was his inning until he put someone on base. Then it became a matchup situation and he brought in Brach, who, by the way, allowed the inherited runner to score. Oh, well. First place and at least an 8 game lead. I wasn't really expecting to go 6-0 in Chicago.

Archived