Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

You should look up some comments by Hank Peters and when he thought the Orioles Franchise started heading downhill. It would affect the outlook of many about this. You don't react, you plan.

I am not saying you react

I am not saying you do the trade

I am saying that if we won the world series then it was worth it. Which was the premise of that original post.

Yes even with the organizational impact.

And I realize that is probably a selfish thought. But I really want a World Series in my adult lifetime.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People gotta remember a trade for Beltre is not giving up Bundy for a month and a half. He's signed for 2 more years after this and still is playing as well as ever, so I don't see any reason to expect a sharp decline. We'd have a great 1/2 punch for the next 2 years in Beltre and Jones in the middle of the lineup.

No I was paying attention. You somehow believe that you "throwing it out there" as an alternative means that someone shouldn't respond why the alternative is just as bad, if not worse.

You didn't respond to the alternative, you responded to my "thought process." Try to keep your focus on the idea instead of the person.

Yes...I am aware of the actual fact he would not pass through waivers...it's the idea in general that is problematic.

Why do people keep on bringing up the waiver thing? Rangers have worst record in baseball. They could just claim the guys and then do a trade.

Yes, I would love to.

The O's should be able to get a nice below market deal. And by spring both knees with be fixed.

Good take! Could get a real team-friendly deal right now. And I think I agree... He'd be a real bargain right now.

It is! Manny didn't cause that SSS crap! The pitching stepped up. For several weeks.

Right.

Twice.

And won a platinum glove and the FB award.

But putting a decent first baseman over there isn't much of a downgrade.

Kid put up a 6.4 WAR season last season despite a 102 OPS+ and marginal baserunning.

You don't replace that with a decent first baseman then shrug your shoulders.

Edit- LOL guys I was seriously joking about the bird but Thanks!

I am not saying you react

I am not saying you do the trade

I am saying that if we won the world series then it was worth it. Which was the premise of that original post.

Yes even with the organizational impact.

And I realize that is probably a selfish thought. But I really want a World Series in my adult lifetime.

I understand. I've seen them win a few so i have a different outlook after 15 years in the wilderness.

I'm so sick of getting rosy projections from the Orioles' medical staff when Orioles players get hurt. They have zero credibility at this point.

That is just DD and his staff not tipping their hand. They wanted some time to work the phones before it became public. My guess is that Beltre trade or anyone else significant is not going to happen now that the cat is out of the bag.

Archived