Jays DFA Reimold

TonySoprano

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did a search on "Reimold" before I started the thread.
For some reason the search tool here on OH, doesn't always bring you up the right information.

No idea why it wouldn't show up. About the opposite of something worth worrying about.

I think most folks probably agree with you that it was a thread worthy event.

Really? You're comparing a player who has a history of being overweight and out of shape with Mike Trout?

Whoa, I don't believe Trout is out of shape.

However, we did have that very discussion in OH, and some OH posters were of the opinion, he was.

My point, Mr. Young wouldn't be the first ball player or even the first Oriole to pack on a couple of pounds during the season.

Hasn't affected his play.

Just to post the facts here: Nolan hit .212/.283/.404 in his time with the Jays with 2 HR and 9 RBI in 60 PA. In that same period, Young hit .312/.354/.506 with 3 HR and 12 RBI in 82 PA for us. And, unlike Reimold, Young was available every day since July 7 (the date of Reimold's first game), whereas Reimold spent almost 3 weeks on the DL. I still think Reimold can hit when he's healthy, but I think the results justify the Orioles' decision to stick with Young.

Just to post the facts here: Nolan hit .212/.283/.404 in his time with the Jays with 2 HR and 9 RBI in 60 PA. In that same period, Young hit .312/.354/.506 with 3 HR and 12 RBI in 82 PA for us. And, unlike Reimold, Young was available every day since July 7 (the date of Reimold's first game), whereas Reimold spent almost 3 weeks on the DL. I still think Reimold can hit when he's healthy, but I think the results justify the Orioles' decision to stick with Young.

But, but, Reimold had like two walk off hits for the Jays, which is two more wins they would have then if the Orioles hadn't DFA'ed him.

(/sarcasm) #peopledon'tread

Dan and Buck are smart. Fans...not so much.

Archived