Jays DFA Reimold

TonySoprano

I still don't want Delmon on the team.

For non-baseball reasons.

Roch is making a case for him as the everyday starting LF next year.

He did say, that this year in ST, when he was in the clubhouse, he said it was clearly evident that when he said he was in the best shape of his life, he truly came to camp beefed and ready to play ball.

CoC, I think it's pretty clear by the way he has handled himself this year, that past incident was a one time thing and that's not who he is.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch is making a case for him as the everyday starting LF next year.

He did say, that this year in ST, when he was in the clubhouse, he said it was clearly evident that when he said he was in the best shape of his life, he truly came to camp beefed and ready to play ball.

CoC, I think it's pretty clear by the way he has handled himself this year, that past incident was a one time thing and that's not who he is.

I would still prefer him to not be on the team.

He seems like a nice guy and gets along with his teammates, I can't imagine he's bad for the clubhouse, or maybe I'm missing something.

He seems like a nice guy and gets along with his teammates, I can't imagine he's bad for the clubhouse, or maybe I'm missing something.

If was bad for the clubhouse or his teammates, DD would not have put him on the roster.

DD and Buck are of like mind, you get more out of your current players, if the clubhouse is not a keg of TNT waiting to happen.

I have no problem with Delmon but has anyone else noticed that he's gotten a little chunkier as the season has progressed?

He's put on weight at an astounding rate. He looks like old Delmon Young now, not the skinny version from spring training. It hasn't affected his hitting obviously but I gotta imagine he's lost a step on the bases and in the outfield.

We have space on the 40 man right? And we can send him to AAA for a while and keep him in the organization' date=' right? Why not?[/quote']

We do not have space on the 40 man roster at the moment, but we can make space easily. He is out of options which is why he was exposed to waivers in the first place. If no one claims Reimold, he will become a minor league free agent this off-season.

The Blue Jays will probably try to find a trade partner in the next few days but will probably try to outright him before rosters expand on September 1st.

We do not have space on the 40 man roster at the moment, but we can make space easily. He is out of options which is why he was exposed to waivers in the first place. If no one claims Reimold, he will become a minor league free agent this off-season.

The Blue Jays will probably try to find a trade partner in the next few days but will probably try to outright him before rosters expand on September 1st.

With Phelps DFA, there are now 39 on the 40-man roster. When Manny goes on the 60-day DL there will be 38. But Buck has said that they will add at least one current minor leaguer to the 40-man roster in September; maybe two.

I doubt anyone trades for Nolan. It's likely he will pass through waivers. Maybe the BJ will outright him, but he can refuse the assignment. Maybe he decides he likes home cooking and signs a minor league deal with the O's. Or, maybe he doesn't sign with anyone and plays winter ball to establish some value.

I would have no problem signing him and giving him a shot in spring training next season, but he is getting a little long in the tooth.

I have no problem with Delmon but has anyone else noticed that he's gotten a little chunkier as the season has progressed?

Yup. Definitely chunkier. I bet Buck has noticed as well. We'll see if he's one of Buck's guys this offseason. He's been great for us this year!

Archived