Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

I've calmed down a bit, this stinks because his bat was heating up, but I do imagine in the playoffs he would strike out a ton. IF someone can come in and hit .250+ that would be an upgrade for sure. My biggest worry is the defense on that corner, we also lose the ability to switch Davis to first in the final innings.

Keep Calm and Orioles On

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB's drug agreement mandates followup testing for amphetamine offense. 25 games for 2nd offense. 80 games for a 3rd.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="
">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So this is his second offense?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles are 72-55 this season when Chris Davis plays. They're a whopping 14-4 (.778) when he sits.</p>— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="

That's actually pretty reassuring. SSS I know but reassuring. I think we can win without him for what it's worth.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB's drug agreement mandates followup testing for amphetamine offense. 25 games for 2nd offense. 80 games for a 3rd.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="

So this was his SECOND positive test?

I don't want to violate board rules but you have to be a special kind of stupid to keep using them once you get caught.

Two of my kids have ADHD and take (or have taken) Adderall. It really helped them a lot with their ability to stay focused and on task. I suspect I'd be diagnosed with ADHD myself if I was ever tested, but they never did that when I was a kid.

As to Davis, last year he used Adderall within the rules and posted a 1.004 OPS. This year they took it away from him and he posted a .704 OPS. You have to be concerned that he really cannot perform well without it. Maybe he got desperate sometime in the last month or two and started taking it again.

I'm not 100%. I could be wrong. Been reading that Adderall has diuretic properties which dilute the urine preceding a test. The Adderall will show up and other stuff might not. Just a theory for now.

I have read people posting that on message boards and such. I haven't heard any doctors or athletic officials or sports reporters saying that. If it was truly a masking agent, the top 10 post on Google wouldn't all be team message boards floating that theory.

Well.

Pitching, pitching, pitching. If that holds up, we'll be ok.

If recent history holds true, then hitting is overrated in the post-season. Pitching is what wins.

Another interesting note as people cringe at the idea of Johnson playing third...

Donaldson, Moustakas, Castellanos are the 3 worst defensive 3B in the AL this year...and the latter two arent exactly offensive juggernauts. Basically, we just evened up with the rest of the AL playoff contenders when it comes to 3B defense.

Two of my kids have ADHD and take (or have taken) Adderall. It really helped them a lot with their ability to stay focused and on task. I suspect I'd be diagnosed with ADHD myself if I was ever tested, but they never did that when I was a kid.

As to Davis, last year he used Adderall within the rules and posted a 1.004 OPS. This year they took it away from him and he posted a .704 OPS. You have to be concerned that he really cannot perform well without it. Maybe he got desperate sometime in the last month or two and started taking it again.

Maybe Scott Boras told him to do it.

We don't know that.

Maybe he applied and was denied and maybe he just didn't apply.

For that matter do we know for sure that he used them last year? He said in the past but could it have been longer then last year?

Archived