We are screwed

CA-ORIOLE

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luckiest buzzsaw I've ever seen in my life. Absolutely unbelievable that they continue to pull horseshoes outta their asses. It really is amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

I wish the Orioles were structured more like KC. We don't make near enough contact.

They got some lucky hits but they are damn good. They outplayed us .... and I don't think we played badly.

Luckiest buzzsaw I've ever seen in my life. Absolutely unbelievable that they continue to pull horseshoes outta their asses. It really is amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

I wish the Orioles were structured more like KC. We don't make near enough contact.

KC tries to get on base. The Orioles try to hit home runs.

Even Rick Sutcliffe mentioned this around the 5th inning or so.

We still show no plate discipline and the Royals just keep getting timely clutch singles that push guys across the plate.

Very simple approach that works like gangbusters. Yost does the exact same thing every game and he keeps winning.

MSK

The O's pulled and polished more than their share of horseshoes this season. But this ALCS performance is why I advocated a sell-off before the rest of the division collapsed under the weight of injuries. It's just not a WS team.

Of course, I was wrong then, and it'd be wrong to say selling would have been the right move now. This season was fun. The O's were just outclassed in the end by a team with a similar will to win and superior pitching.

Maybe the best defensive series I have ever seen.

They deserve it... but they have been UNBELIEVABLY fortunate over the course of the last three games. Like, to a degree that I've never seen. I've never seen so many lucky hits in my life.

Amazing. Kudos to them, I hope they get their asses kicked in the World Series.

Their team wouldn't win consistently at Camden Yards.

What it comes down to is this - K.C. is simply better right now, period end of story. Congrats to them, I hope they win it all so at least we can say we lost to the best. More importantly, congrats to the Orioles. Thank you for giving me some of the most fun I've ever had following a team. And we're making our way. Two years ago we won the wild card game. This year we won a division and a series. Dan's going to keep building, we'll get some people back and make another run at it. I'm terribly disappointed no doubt but still looking forward to taking these last steps to where we want to go.

KC tries to get on base. The Orioles try to hit home runs.

Even Rick Sutcliffe mentioned this around the 5th inning or so.

We still show no plate discipline and the Royals just keep getting timely clutch singles that push guys across the plate.

Very simple approach that works like gangbusters. Yost does the exact same thing every game and he keeps winning.

MSK

Then why didn't they score more runs during the season? You don't wait until now to unleash it. They are last in walks and homers, not a great combo. They hit bloops and homers the first two games and tonight we didn't hit.

I do wish we had a couple more high OPB guys... I love Jonesy but we need to balance him out in the middle of the order with some more discipline. That's painfully obvious.

Then why didn't they score more runs during the season? You don't wait until now to unleash it. They are last in walks and homers, not a great combo. They hit bloops and homers the first two games and tonight we didn't hit.

This is a good point. They barely made it into the playoffs!

Archived