We are screwed

CA-ORIOLE

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not having Matt and Manny is huge, look at the drop off from who fills those spots now. KC isn't this good.

The fact is that the O's haven't been that good this series. The offense isn't scoring enough (after beating the vaunted Tigers' SPs), and the pitching has been spotty. The O's haven't played well enough to win. You can't take anything away from KC for that.

Luckiest buzzsaw I've ever seen in my life. Absolutely unbelievable that they continue to pull horseshoes outta their asses. It really is amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

I wish the Orioles were structured more like KC. We don't make near enough contact.

So it's nothing but luck and horseshoes in asses, but then you want to model your team after it?

Come on now, this is two great teams playing a great series, and I truly feel the difference is the bullpen. I'm pretty sure our 7-8-9 guys were literally the best in MLB history this year (unless they barely slipped out of that stat, by chance.) Last year they weren't much worse. That's not luck. That's 2 full seasons of monster pitching and defense, and when the hitting picks up, this is the type of ball we see out of these guys.

We saw it during the year when we went something like 22-4 in a stretch that brought us back into the mix.

The problem is, this hitting never seems to stick around. They got hot at the perfect time for this playoff run which is unfortunate for the Angels and Orioles, but to call it luck is just nonsense.

As a KC fan, I am NOT comfortable, though. The O's are a great team. Their backs are against the wall, but a win tomorrow could completely change things. That last win is always the hardest one.

Here's to our small market teams screaming through the playoffs for years to come! Playoff baseball means extra money...lots of it. Hopefully our organizations can continue this trend of winning baseball and we'll be seeing a lot of each other in the coming years!

Despite all of it things could of easily gone differently. Unfortunately that really doesn't matter anymore down 3-0. I just want to see us win a game or 2 and not go down in 4 straight games. Also next season I would strongly consider brushing off/and or plunking Dyson.

Luckiest buzzsaw I've ever seen in my life. Absolutely unbelievable that they continue to pull horseshoes outta their asses. It really is amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

I wish the Orioles were structured more like KC. We don't make near enough contact.

I dunno, we've gotten some lucky hits too, especially in game 1. We got a huge gift from Herrera in game 2 and couldn't take advantage.

And the Royals have outhomered us 4-1. Nothing lucky about that.

Take away the Royals' lucky run in the 4th tonight and the game is tied 1-1 in the late innings. We still probably wind up losing.

The fact is that the O's haven't been that good this series. The offense isn't scoring enough (after beating the vaunted Tigers' SPs), and the pitching has been spotty. The O's haven't played well enough to win. You can't take anything away from KC for that.

No you can't they are earning it, just frustrating.

Maybe the best defensive series I have ever seen.

They deserve it... but they have been UNBELIEVABLY fortunate over the course of the last three games. Like, to a degree that I've never seen. I've never seen so many lucky hits in my life.

Amazing. Kudos to them, I hope they get their asses kicked in the World Series.

Gotta agree here. At least in 1997 that Indians team was stacked. I will always believe that we were better than this Royals team and choked. It's been a wonderful season, but maybe for the first time in forever I actually thought we were gonna win. Usually I just assume they'll screw it up. I think that's what hurts the most.

Despite all of it things could of easily gone differently. Unfortunately that really doesn't matter anymore down 3-0. I just want to see us win a game or 2 and not go down in 4 straight games. Also next season I would strongly consider brushing off/and or plunking Dyson.

Well it would only be if he gets in the game.

Maybe the best defensive series I have ever seen.

They deserve it... but they have been UNBELIEVABLY fortunate over the course of the last three games. Like, to a degree that I've never seen. I've never seen so many lucky hits in my life.

Amazing. Kudos to them, I hope they get their asses kicked in the World Series.

Agree with all this. I have been watching baseball for 31 years and I have never seen a team get so hot and so lucky at the same time. KC is a tidal wave right now. It is really too bad the Royals have so many classless jackwagons on their team because it would be hard NOT to root for them otherwise.

It will be interesting to see how StL or SF handles them. The A's, Angels, and O's have looked like deer in the headlights. The NL winner will have been there before.

It's going to be just like when the Rockies ran into the Sox in the WS. Blowout.

I agree that they've outplayed us but they had a 3-run bloop double in game 1 and a 2-run bloop single in game 2. Both games whose score was very close and could easily been the difference in those games. I'm not saying we've played well, just making an observation. Regardless it really doesn't matter anymore.

KC tries to get on base. The Orioles try to hit home runs.

Even Rick Sutcliffe mentioned this around the 5th inning or so.

We still show no plate discipline and the Royals just keep getting timely clutch singles that push guys across the plate.

Very simple approach that works like gangbusters. Yost does the exact same thing every game and he keeps winning.

MSK

Of course the Royals have been contact hitters for years, and have been 72-win teams for years.

So it's nothing but luck and horseshoes in asses, but then you want to model your team after it?

Come on now, this is two great teams playing a great series, and I truly feel the difference is the bullpen. I'm pretty sure our 7-8-9 guys were literally the best in MLB history this year (unless they barely slipped out of that stat, by chance.) Last year they weren't much worse. That's not luck. That's 2 full seasons of monster pitching and defense, and when the hitting picks up, this is the type of ball we see out of these guys.

We saw it during the year when we went something like 22-4 in a stretch that brought us back into the mix.

The problem is, this hitting never seems to stick around. They got hot at the perfect time for this playoff run which is unfortunate for the Angels and Orioles, but to call it luck is just nonsense.

As a KC fan, I am NOT comfortable, though. The O's are a great team. Their backs are against the wall, but a win tomorrow could completely change things. That last win is always the hardest one.

Here's to our small market teams screaming through the playoffs for years to come! Playoff baseball means extra money...lots of it. Hopefully our organizations can continue this trend of winning baseball and we'll be seeing a lot of each other in the coming years!

KC has played very well, but I have never seen so many broken bat, bloop and infield hits in my life. I think that's what he means by horseshoes.

Archived