2015 Orioles

Ripken

C have a much heaver stress on their arms than ither position players. Closer to pitchers
Is this written somewhere? How many high stress throws must a catcher make per game?

The average team attempts less than one steal per game, and the Orioles' catchers had 82 assists in 2014. I don't see a reason to believe the stress on catchers' arms remotely approaches that of pitchers.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The average team attempts less than one steal per game, and the Orioles' catchers had 82 assists in 2014. I don't see a reason to believe the stress on catchers' arms remotely approaches that of pitchers.

But if Matt doesn't have the pop time Buck is looking for he won't catch until he does.

C - Weiters

1B - Davis

2B - Schoop

3B - Manny

SS - Hardy

LF -

CF - Jones

RF -

DH - Pearce/

Ut - Flaherty

SP - Tillman, Gausman, Chen, Gonzo, Jiminez

Notable opinions - de Aza and Markakis won't be back unless they take a pay cut. Miller will definitely sign elsewhere. Cruz could possibly be back, but I'd put our odds at less than 33%.

Players I'd be interested in acquiring:

Cuddyer - 1B/OF/DH

Aoki - OF

Jon Jay - OF (not a FA, but is in a packed Cards OF)

• 1 month later...

Vs LHP

3B-Manny

RF-Rasmus

CF-Jones

1B-Davis

LF-Pearce

C- Wieters

SS-Hardy

2B-Schoop

DH-Walker or the person they sign to D.H

Vs RHP

LF- De Aza

3B-Manny

CF-Jones

1B- Davis

DH-Pearce

C- Wieters

SS- Hardy

RF-Rasmus

2B-Schoop

Catchers use an abbreviated throwing motion often. Not sure if that has any effect on injury/recovery. They also throw to second in at the start of every defensive inning.
They could toss that ball underhanded.
I think they should.

Please to connote all posts of sarcasm with cute little emoticons so those with a less developed sense of humor may understand your meaning.

Please disregard if serious. (Insert Joker from Batman gif here, or in next post)

Archived