Per Roch: What did the Royals do that was so "unlikeable"?

Jagwar

Free agency will lead to the Royals getting a good dose of humility when they slip back into mediocrity next year.

On another note, what do you expect the fan reaction to Guthrie to be when he returns to OPACY?

Guthrie was a good Oriole during some excruciatingly bad and stupid seasons. I'm glad for him, although I thought the T-shirt was out of character for him.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno, I'd have been bummed either way because we were clearly better than the world champs and it didn't play out that way. But I guess if you let the 10th best team into the playoffs, the way baseball works anyone can win.

Let's not forget the Giants copied our colors. I'm not so sure that history will view this era all that favorably.

Nobody was beating Bumgarner this postseason, and with the way our starters performed with exception of Norris in the ALDS and Gonzalez & Chen in the ALCS, I have a hard time believing the O's would have beaten them.

Mocking a lower payroll team? Kind of a Yankee fan attitude.

Pretty much. They annoyed the heck out of me when in the ALCS, but I'm not sure they are about to settle back into "mediocrity." They had back to back winning seasons with a core group they can keep under control for a few more seasons. They performed really well from Aug 1 and thereafter which is a pretty good sample size. I suspect the AL Central will be up for grabs with Detroit's roster beginning to age.

Jim Rome doesn't like the Royal's fans wow. Calls them the dirt people so funny.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DirtPeople?src=hash">#DirtPeople</a></p>— Jim Rome (@jimrome) <a href="

">October 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>How relieved is Gregor Blanco? How depressed are the Dirt People?</p>— Jim Rome (@jimrome) <a href="

">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

Jim Rome doesn't like the Royal's fans wow. Calls them the dirt people so funny.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DirtPeople?src=hash">#DirtPeople</a></p>— Jim Rome (@jimrome) <a href="

">October 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>How relieved is Gregor Blanco? How depressed are the Dirt People?</p>— Jim Rome (@jimrome) <a href="

">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

Not sure why he's insulting the KC fan base like this. I may not like the Royals' players, but their fans were loud and into the game. Nothing wrong with that...unless there's something I'm missing.

Mocking a lower payroll team? Kind of a Yankee fan attitude.

That was not my intention.

I was simply pointing out fact.

Shields will be a big loss for them alone.

I am not sure why they call him "Big Game James", since he obviously cannot perform in the "big game".

With their arrogant attitudes, you would think they had 27 rings.

I am sorry, i cannot just instantly forgive them for the way they acted throughout the playoffs.

All I am saying is they need to act more humble, because they sont have the ability to compete like this year in and year out. So yes, it is my hope they slip back into mediocre in short order.

Not sure why he's insulting the KC fan base like this. I may not like the Royals' players, but their fans were loud and into the game. Nothing wrong with that...unless there's something I'm missing.

Wow, I wasn't happy some of the KC players and fans on here, but i despise Jim Rome more.

OK, I'm going to ask: Who is Jim Rome and why should I care about his opinion?

Jim Rome would be Colin Cowherd if he wasn't a little more sophisticated.

You should care about him because HE has a take and dirt people like you, me and the KC Royals fans don't.

Archived