Trade Schoop?

vab

I could make a comment and say "Nelson Cruz is a good baseball player" and Can of Corn or Dan-O or someone else would comment and say "get your crap together before you comment on that" or "you need to get educated before you start making comments like that, come back when you're grown up" We're all Oriole fans here fellas. I love talking baseball, and especially Orioles, and i just don't get why i can't offer an opinion without getting treated like a 3rd grader. You can disagree with my opinion, i could care less, but just treat me with some respect for crying out loud. How hard is that? I'm not sure what I did to some of you guys to get this treatment. Did i steal a home run ball from you or something? I just don't know

Nelson Cruz is a good baseball player. Your opinions are valuable. We don't need to reference specific poster' in our rant posts. PM a mod if you want to lash out. Thanks.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could make a comment and say "Nelson Cruz is a good baseball player" and Can of Corn or Dan-O or someone else would comment and say "get your crap together before you comment on that" or "you need to get educated before you start making comments like that, come back when you're grown up" We're all Oriole fans here fellas. I love talking baseball, and especially Orioles, and i just don't get why i can't offer an opinion without getting treated like a 3rd grader. You can disagree with my opinion, i could care less, but just treat me with some respect for crying out loud. How hard is that? I'm not sure what I did to some of you guys to get this treatment. Did i steal a home run ball from you or something? I just don't know

I asked you if you understood how a player's future projections are modified by his age when he enters the league.

You said you were not.

That information is very important to any argument I have regarding Schoop's future.

Therefor I suggested you go educate yourself on those findings so we could discuss the issue from an area of common ground.

For someone to say (not you) that a 27 year old and a 22 year old had comparable seasons, thereby implying that their performance going forward would likely be similar is simply not accurate.

If Schoop put up his 2014 numbers at the age of 24 I would be a lot more pessimistic about his future.

I asked you if you understood how a player's future projections are modified by his age when he enters the league.

You said you were not.

That information is very important to any argument I have regarding Schoop's future.

Therefor I suggested you go educate yourself on those findings so we could discuss the issue from an area of common ground.

For someone to say (not you) that a 27 year old and a 22 year old had comparable seasons, thereby implying that their performance going forward would likely be similar is simply not accurate.

If Schoop put up his 2014 numbers at the age of 24 I would be a lot more pessimistic about his future.

I understood that. I told you that i understood that was your opinion didn't I? I then responded by saying we are in a win now mode. We have a window to win next year, and even though you or whoever said we don't have anyone in the organization better than Schoop at second, we could benefit by upgrading that position. I don't like the approach of taking a chance that he is a little better next year and the next. That's all I'm saying. And i don't know how exactly we could upgrade the position, and maybe it's impossible. I'm just merely speculating

I understood that. I told you that i understood that was your opinion didn't I? I then responded by saying we are in a win now mode. We have a window to win next year, and even though you or whoever said we don't have anyone in the organization better than Schoop at second, we could benefit by upgrading that position. I don't like the approach of taking a chance that he is a little better next year and the next. That's all I'm saying. And i don't know how exactly we could upgrade the position, and maybe it's impossible. I'm just merely speculating

What I am saying is I didn't tell you to get educated to demean you. I said it so the conversation could continue in a fruitful manner.

What I am saying is I didn't tell you to get educated to demean you. I said it so the conversation could continue in a fruitful manner.

Well maybe you need to change your approach a little, so that what you "mean" comes across how you want it to. Cuz you know good and well that's how u meant it to sound

And just how did i do that? By saying a guy that his .288 BA with a .297 is worse than a guy hitting .209 BA abd a .244 OBP.? Just stop with your nonesense and "i know everything" comments and talk like a real person. You guys all think you are gods of baseball talk, and you aren't. Not even close. You may know how to look up sabermetrics, big deal. But you really don't know what the best options are for the Orioles or any other major league team, you're just guessing like me and everyone else. Yet you just try to make yourselves sound educated like you're in the front office or something

Well defense counts, and Lombardozzi was only 8% more efficient than creating runs last year than Schoop was. Look at it this way, last year Lombardozzi had a -0.4 rWAR despite his .288 BA (with no power and bad defense) while Schoop had a 1.5 rWAR (with has .244 OBP, good power and excellent defense).

This doesn't even get into the obvious upside difference between the two players.

Maybe Dan-o, Corn and I know how to look up sabremetrics and are "guessing" to some degree but it sure looks like the Orioles, Buck included, didn't have much faith in Lombardozzi and his .288 batting average.

I am not a believe of the window conspiracy theory myself.

And just how did i do that? By saying a guy that his .288 BA with a .297 is worse than a guy hitting .209 BA abd a .244 OBP.?

Lombo has a 74 career OPS+ and is a below average defender.

Schoop has a 69 career OPS+ and is an above average defender.

I would play Schoop over Lombo even if Schoop wasn't just 21-22 when he put up those numbers.

Most people think that if Schoop is awful by the trade deadline and the rest of the team is good, that Dan Duquette would supply Buck with an alternative. And that "upgrading" second base is a tertiary thought considering how many other positions are in flux on this Orioles ALCS team.

Lombo has a 74 career OPS+ and is a below average defender.

Schoop has a 69 career OPS+ and is an above average defender.

I would play Schoop over Lombo even if Schoop wasn't just 21-22 when he put up those numbers.

No fair. You are taking power into consideration.

Archived