Trade Schoop?

vab

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with this idea is that Flaherty is not an everyday player. I see Schoop as part of our future. Lot of raw talent there. Should get much better.

Should but all you know you have right now is an all-glove 2Bman with power. I'm afraid he's always going to be a low contact hitter that looks overmatched.

I also will never understand all of the Flaherty hate.

Thanks for treating me like a 3rd grader. It makes me want to hear your opinions so much more when you start out saying " i will try to make this as simple as i can for you" I understand what you are saying, fully, totally, i understand it, and did before you explained it to me as if i was a toddler. I just don't agree with your opinion. I do not see how us taking a chance on him being good in the next few years is our best plan of attack. What's wring with him splitting time with other possible candidates?

Because those other candidates are probably going to perform at a lower level then Schoop.

It is about odds and odds are good that unless the Orioles trade away significant pieces that Schoop is the best candidate going forward.

Because those other candidates are probably going to perform at a lower level then Schoop.

It is about odds and odds are good that unless the Orioles trade away significant pieces that Schoop is the best candidate going forward.

You may be right, but how would you know? No one else played second for us long enough to know

I will try and make it as simple as possible for you.

Guys that break into the majors at 22 have a tendency to get a LOT better then players that break into the league at a later date.

At 22 Schoop was damn near a league average player and was an average second baseman.

At 23 odds are good that Schoop will be an ABOVE average second baseman.

There is a very limited pool of potential replacements that would be expected to out perform Schoop by a decent amount next season.

It would take a substantial investment to acquire any of those players likely to out perform him.

None of the O's in house candidates are likely to outperform him.

This is a very well thought out answer. I appreciate that there are no personal attacks involved and that is is so thoroughly definitive in explaining why Schoop should not be traded, and why an upgrade is not available.

Archived