Trade Schoop?

vab

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Union might not say a word but it won't be because of his 605 OPS.

If they keep him up for all of 2014 then send him down for 20 days while they replace him with a non-upgrade the Union should object.

Flaherty is an upgrade offensively.

You must think the union is really upset over the O's sending Lombardozzi down after almost two years of service time.

Flaherty is an upgrade offensively.

You must think the union is really upset over the O's sending Lombardozzi down after almost two years of service time.

I didn't say they couldn't send Schoop down. I said if they send down for 20 days to get another year of service time.

Big difference between the two.

One of the two is an attempt by a team to artificially alter a player's service time.

Of course the current iteration of the Union is a pretty toothless beast.

Schoop allows us to resign/replace the many moving parts we have to resign/replace over the next couple of years. The Orioles are not the Yankees and we can not afford to trade a starter with Schoops cost and potential. If you completely ignore the economics and the decision is established major league talent vs potential, then it becomes a closer call.

I am all for trading any player on our roster for a quality return, but young, cheap, good MLB players are worth quite a bit.

And Schoop has not realized his "vast potential" so I am not sure what a team would give up for him. As is usually the case (IMO), of these young players with unrealized potential, the best course of action is generally to hold onto them to see if they do become as good as expected.

I am all for trading any player on our roster for a quality return, but young, cheap, good MLB players are worth quite a bit.

And Schoop has not realized his "vast potential" so I am not sure what a team would give up for him. As is usually the case (IMO), of these young players with unrealized potential, the best course of action is generally to hold onto them to see if they do become as good as expected.

Well said.

If the O's send Schoop to the minors for 20 days they have in under control for 6 more years. There is no reason to trade him. The way he turns a double play is a competitive edge.

Perhaps the Orioles can send Schoop down at the beginning of the year for about 30 days, assuming Machado is healthy.

Aaand you just discredited yourself by advocating for Lombo.

And just how did i do that? By saying a guy that his .288 BA with a .297 is worse than a guy hitting .209 BA abd a .244 OBP.? Just stop with your nonesense and "i know everything" comments and talk like a real person. You guys all think you are gods of baseball talk, and you aren't. Not even close. You may know how to look up sabermetrics, big deal. But you really don't know what the best options are for the Orioles or any other major league team, you're just guessing like me and everyone else. Yet you just try to make yourselves sound educated like you're in the front office or something

I could make a comment and say "Nelson Cruz is a good baseball player" and Can of Corn or Dan-O or someone else would comment and say "get your crap together before you comment on that" or "you need to get educated before you start making comments like that, come back when you're grown up" We're all Oriole fans here fellas. I love talking baseball, and especially Orioles, and i just don't get why i can't offer an opinion without getting treated like a 3rd grader. You can disagree with my opinion, i could care less, but just treat me with some respect for crying out loud. How hard is that? I'm not sure what I did to some of you guys to get this treatment. Did i steal a home run ball from you or something? I just don't know

Archived