Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope that McPhail knows the pieces that are coming back and has already has parameter discussions with Angelos around a Roberts to Chicago deal so that if they decide to trade Roberts, it happens quickly and there is not a long, drawn-out drama that drags into ST.

I'm confident that this has happened but history will be the ultimate judge.

Do you mean ST this year ? Remember, it's PA you have to cross the i's & dot the t's.

I need my ledge to jump off.. this trade is not happening.. it can't happen...why would the media lie to us suffering fans of the O's and report that the trade was done a week ago. We all know that his trade is not happening and that evil twins posing as Jones and Sherill passed physicals. That must be Eric Baderd who was flying to Seattle, and not the O's pitcher because the O's have fouled up this trade---That is if there was ever a trade in the first place.:rolleyes:

I need my ledge to jump off.. this trade is not happening.. it can't happen...why would the media lie to us suffering fans of the O's and report that the trade was done a week ago. We all know that his trade is not happening and that evil twins posing as Jones and Sherill passed physicals. That must be Eric Baderd who was flying to Seattle, and not the O's pitcher because the O's have fouled up this trade---That is if there was ever a trade in the first place.:rolleyes:

Out of valium, huh ? ;)

If he goes to Seattle for a physical tomorrow, then he has to get to Seattle first, then get the physical, then have the results reviewed, then wouldn't it likely be Friday before we have the announcement?

Not sure if someone already touched on this in subsequent pages- but if he leaves baltimore (or actually Ottawa) by 9am- he'll be in Seattle by 10 or 11am latest(with the time zone difference)... and an announcement could easily be made before 6pm- even if the physical takes 3-4 hours. I'd bet Bedard and his physical are THE LAST piece of the puzzle before completion.

Heck- the Shaq trade was actually announced last night around MIDNIGHT!

If it was Baltimore administering the phsyical, probably.

Fortunately the Mariners won't require him to run around the fish market the way the orioles made Jones and Sherrill run around the harbor. Our physicals are a bit more...well...physical! Maybe they revived the aptitude test as well!

Do you mean ST this year ? Remember, it's PA you have to cross the i's & dot the t's.

I hear ya.

But I still believe there's really no reason that McPhail could not have had the following conversation with Angelos and received his buy in.

AM: We're looking at bringing back a young CF, RP, and 3 young SP prospects.

PA: I want physicals to be thorough.

AM: Understood - we've already provided them each with see-through underwear.

PA: Excellent

AM: If the physicals pass, we want Bedard to fly out to Seattle for the press conference and will bring the new troops on board via concall

PA: I like concalls

AM: Good.

AM: Hey, since we're actually rebuilding, I've had several parameter discussions with the Cubs regarding Roberts.

PA: You know I like Roberts

AM: Understood - however, if Roberts could bring a return of a young SP & OF prospect as well as 2 key lower level prospects that could help fill 2B/SS holes, would you be interested?

PA: Maybe, but again, the physicals are the most important thing to me.

AM: Understood. By the way, I happen to have a framework agreement with Hendry to make this happen shortly after we finalize the Bedard deal.

PA: Woah Woah Woah, this is way too fast for me. You understand I am a lawyer by trade.

AM: Understood - but if we like the names, why don't we line this trade up now contingent on the Bedard return being finalized and brings these fellas in here next week for uber thorough physicals by a guy name Butch

PA: I like it. Do I know this...Butch?

AM: Perhaps, but that's not important. What's important is that we have an opportunity to change the entire face of this franchise before spring training starts, giving Dunn and Trembley all of ST to begin molding these guys into the New Oriole Way - Not unlike the Old Oriole Way - and you're 2 steps closer to having the team you so desparately like within 2 years, instead of 3-4.

PA: I like. Perhaps you can run that by my sons, Clancy and the owner of Bo Brooks

AM: I already have and they are on board

PA: You're thorough.

AM: Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes with Bedard.

Archived