Should the O's trade for Evan Gattis?

mdbdotcom

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about when Matt Wieters is gone after this season? Gattis offers a lot of offensive value at C; is his arm that bad?

2013 - 33% CS

2014 - 20% CS

I don't really see any match between the two teams anyway.

He is not a very good catcher.

Look at it this way, if he was any good behind the plate would he have only 135 games back there in two seasons?

If we don't end up signing Nick Markakis, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Ubaldo Jimenez for B.J. Upton and cash (to offset $7.6 million price difference). De Aza, Jones and Upton would be a pretty athletic outfield.

upton-and-jones-297x300.jpg

I don't know, Upton just seems like he is done with no hope of coming back. Two straight negative WAR seasons and now entering his 30's. While I'm not confident in Ubaldo, it doesn't seem as definitive. The hope isn't great, but it is there.

I don't know' date=' Upton just seems like he is done with no hope of coming back. Two straight negative WAR seasons and now entering his 30's. While I'm not confident in Ubaldo, it doesn't seem as definitive. The hope isn't great, but it is there.[/quote']

I agree. Completely.

What about when Matt Wieters is gone after this season? Gattis offers a lot of offensive value at C; is his arm that bad?

2013 - 33% CS

2014 - 20% CS

I don't really see any match between the two teams anyway.

In the words of Keith Law. "Can't catch."

What about Norris or Gonzo? I thought the braves needed rotation help. Norris has one year left and is getting more expensive. Pitching, apparently nowadays, is easier to come by than power.

I agree. Trading Norris for Gattis could be an idea. You can resolve the problem of Cruz's hole if he'll go elsewhere.

He meant for free, not for less then free.
What about Norris or Gonzo? I thought the braves needed rotation help. Norris has one year left and is getting more expensive. Pitching, apparently nowadays, is easier to come by than power.

I think the Braves are looking more for a Gausman, Harvey kind of return.

Archived