How About Giving Dan Some Time Before Questioning His Offseason Plan?

TonySoprano

Crazy talk! I'm getting my firewood and pitchforks ready.. Oh wait, It's Decemeber 2nd.. nevermind.. lol

Well the free agent market sucks for hitters waiting around won't work in 2015.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the free agent market sucks for hitters waiting around won't work in 2015.

I've heard the same thing from you and others like you every year around this time. Would I prefer to have Cruz in our lineup next year, sure, but it's too early to get too upset because Duquette has managed to do things we weren't expecting later in the off season in the past.

I've heard the same thing from you and others like you every year around this time. Would I prefer to have Cruz in our lineup next year, sure, but it's too early to get too upset because Duquette has managed to do things we weren't expecting later in the off season in the past.

Yup but one big difference in 2015 . Orioles are already going to end up in the realm of $100 million in payroll without even adding someone from outside of the organization.

Jimenez was signed Feb 19th and Cruz followed on Feb 24th. We're a little over a month into this offseason and the Winter Meetings aren't until next week. Have some forgotten Dan just won Executive of the Year? Some would be best served to unwind a bit and get back to us when it's February but until then hang on for the ride.

Otherwise, feel free to ask Dan in person this week

But but but but nooooooooo! Everyone else saw what the Orioles did and they've already made themselves better! We're going to be left with the Aubrey Huff's of the world.

I agree. :D

Yup but one big difference in 2015 . Orioles are already going to end up in the realm of $100 million in payroll without even adding someone from outside of the organization.

Got it man, the sky is falling. I just prefer to wait before agreeing to this proclamation on December 2nd.

I also take into consideration that since Duquette has become GM the Orioles are 274-212 (.564), haven't finished less then 3rd, have a wild card and Division Championship and an ALCS appearance despite the fact that some people have been crying wolf on his offseasons since pretty much since the beginning.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RETWEET to congratulate Dan Duquette on being Baseball America's Major League Executive of the Year! <a href="http://t.co/lPTskJwQQD">pic.twitter.com/lPTskJwQQD</a></p>— Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) <a href="
">December 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> EVP Dan Duquette named Baseball America MLB Executive of the Year. He also won Sporting News Executive of the Year award this year.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RETWEET to congratulate Dan Duquette on being Baseball America's Major League Executive of the Year! <a href="http://t.co/lPTskJwQQD">pic.twitter.com/lPTskJwQQD</a></p>— Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> EVP Dan Duquette named Baseball America MLB Executive of the Year. He also won Sporting News Executive of the Year award this year.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

He can thank Cruz for this.

Jimenez was signed Feb 19th and Cruz followed on Feb 24th. We're a little over a month into this offseason and the Winter Meetings aren't until next week. Have some forgotten Dan just won Executive of the Year? Some would be best served to unwind a bit and get back to us when it's February but until then hang on for the ride.

Otherwise, feel free to ask Dan in person this week

Not one complaint from me. ;)

I am disappointed that we lost out on Cruz but get why they did not match or surpass the offer. I am far from the "sky is falling" mentality though.

DD has shown the ability to creatively construct a competitive team. Its just way way to early to be anything other than curious as to what DD is up to IMO. I got a feeling there is something brewing in that delicious noggin of his, just wish I knew what it was.

I agree and I also think that's why we're slow playing NM.

I think it is worth noting here that the Blue Jays won the Off Season last year too. Just like it is worth noting that the Tigers and A's won the trading deadline this past season.

I am always concerned, but have come to realize that guys like Birdland now or JTrea before him, are just impatient fans who know enough about the game to sound like they could be right.

Alas, it has taken years to feel we have an organization that is doing things the right way. Mark me down as hanging on for the ride and looking at the long haul.

I like our guys and DD and Buck know what they are doing.

I'm just sick of the cheap 1 year deals. Then you gotta fill the same holes the next year while the arbitration players all get more money. Signing a hitter outside the organization for more then 1 year isn't a bad thing.

I'm just sick of the cheap 1 year deals. Then you gotta fill the same holes the next year while the arbitration players all get more money. Signing a hitter outside the organization for more then 1 year isn't a bad thing.

I hear the Mariners have an opening for a new fan. I'm surprised their recruiter hasn't contacted you already.

I hear the Mariners have an opening for a new fan. I'm surprised their recruiter hasn't contacted you already.

This never gets old.Don't agree with team go pick a new one smh.

Archived