How About Giving Dan Some Time Before Questioning His Offseason Plan?

TonySoprano

It's true. We won't pay Manny 200 million. And our organization already attempted to extend him.

That's the thing why not? You drafted Manny not 1 reason to let him go. Owners are making so much money in today's baseball. I can only think of 1 reason not to sign him

tumblr_mlcjmyszR71qjeigjo1_500.gif

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight DD has to make a decision on Matusz. I'm fine with not overpaying for Cruz or Markakis. But then I don't see how you can pay Hunter and Matusz what they're projected to get. And to a lesser extent Norris. I'd like to see Matusz non tendered.

Gotta agree here.

That's the thing why not? You drafted Manny not 1 reason to let him go. Owners are making so much money in today's baseball. I can only think of 1 reason not to sign him

tumblr_mlcjmyszR71qjeigjo1_500.gif

Is he a lot richer than when he bought the Orioles? Proportionally?

Even if it is your last holiday season to reach out and thank him.

This shouldn't be confused with a blanket endorsement and I've had my fair share of unhappiness with PA over the course of his ownership, but I have a hard time pointing to anything directly attributable to him to complain about since around AM's last year on the job.

This shouldn't be confused with a blanket endorsement and I've had my fair share of unhappiness with PA over the course of his ownership, but I have a hard time pointing to anything directly attributable to him to complain about since around AM's last year on the job.

I think that is a reasonable thank you this holiday season.

You aren't upset about decisions he has not even made yet? Or might not even be around to make?

"We still have a very good core group here and we're going to continue to build our team so that we can be competitive," said Duquette, who earlier today was named Baseball America's Major League Executive of the Year. "I look more at the guys we've got and we're going to continue to add to that. But we do have an established pitching staff. We have rotation and bullpen depth.

"We've got a catcher, we've got a first baseman, we've got a second baseman, we've got a shortstop, we've got a third baseman. They can all hit. We've also got a center fielder and we have to look for outfield depth, as well.

"We're on it."

from Roch Kubatko

I really appreciate the long tenured residents of this board as they keep the sanity. Typically, I spend most of my offseason here, and I only jump on occasionally during the season. I have a text message thread with my buddies that are die-hard O's fans. During the season, we text each other about the O's from 6 AM (when I awake each day) to 1 AM (sometimes when I go to sleep). Hence, I get my Orioles fix. All but one is a huge football fan, so I tell them to take the conversation elsewhere in the offseason.

I figured that this offseason, given the amount of success that the O's have tasted over the past three years, there wouldn't be pitchforks and torches. Granted, it is probably 50/50, but golly the impatience of some members of this board is annoying. I understand that there isn't much else to do but play armchair GM, but the negative pundits need to give it a rest. We all want things to make sense in our mind immediately, but that isn't life nor sport. This is a very good team, and I fully expect the internal options to replace a decent amount of the lost production.

I think some people need to find a second hobby (perhaps knitting or an alternate peaceful activity).

So much so that I question myself and the use of my time. I don't like using the ignore function, there's something childish about it. I just expect mature discussion and some of the inane stuff that gets posted from the same few people is mind boggling.

Thanks for your post.

There was a very good rhetoric about how awful a person , owner, and Baltimore native that Peter Angelos was when he thought he knew how to run a baseball front office himself and we lost for man years. The media feasted on that, mocked our team, our fans, and of course that owner.

I got it.

Some kids grew up during that. It's all they know. It was the meme of their youth. It's over. Move on, We are winners.

There was a very good rhetoric about how awful a person , owner, and Baltimore native that Peter Angelos was when he thought he knew how to run a baseball front office himself and we lost for man years. The media feasted on that, mocked our team, our fans, and of course that owner.

I got it.

Some kids grew up during that. It's all they know. It was the meme of their youth. It's over. Move on, We are winners.

The winning is more on Dan and Buck.

Archived