Andrew Miller to sign today (Yankees 4/$36M)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Miller likely will also close games as well for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a>, but just not as the full-time closer.</p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="
">December 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No clue but both are nasty.

That is good news, the Yankees acting in an illogical manner is always good news.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Sherman. What does he say. I would assume nothing.

He said this.

They might not designate a closer and instead would just unleash Miller and Betances in high-leverage situations, using them as situations dictate. Also, they could still add a traditional closer in Robertson or a lower-cost alternative such as Jason Grilli.

That is good news, the Yankees acting in an illogical manner is always good news.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/danconnollysun">@danconnollysun</a> he's going to setup for Betances IMO. Cashman told wfan he never discussed closing with Miller</p>— Ken Weinman (@KenWeinmanSport) <a href="

Oh no he isn't says little Nicola.

So Britton is a super 2. So four year of Arbitration left.

Years

1 3.2(per mlbtr projection)

2 5.8

3 9

4 12

Someone help me out here. Am I off? So 40 saves a year. We basically have Britton for 4/40 give or take a few million.

I don't think Britton will be making 12 million from the O's.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/danconnollysun">@danconnollysun</a> he's going to setup for Betances IMO. Cashman told wfan he never discussed closing with Miller</p>— Ken Weinman (@KenWeinmanSport) <a href="

Oh no he isn't says little Nicola.

Man that would be stupid if they let Betances close.

So Britton is a super 2. So four year of Arbitration left.

Years

1 3.2(per mlbtr projection)

2 5.8

3 9

4 12

Someone help me out here. Am I off? So 40 saves a year. We basically have Britton for 4/40 give or take a few million.

Looks interesting. But then...I never believe in closers year to year. Other than Mariano.

What I am saying is the poster that is happy with finishing a bit over 500 is, to the best of my knowledge, not one of the lets not make stupid deals group.

I am part of that group and I am not interested in volunteering for a purgatory of slightly winning baseball.

Other then pushing an agenda I don't know why you would try and link the two.

And I am part of the " I don't care if they give a player 12m even if he's only worth 10m just because a formula told them crowd". And I get sick of seeing those that feel that way to go root for another team. The agendas go both ways.

And I am part of the " I don't care if they give a player 12m even if he's only worth 10m just because a formula told them crowd". And I get sick of seeing those that feel that way to go root for another team. The agendas go both ways.

I am fine giving a guy 13 to produce 10. Problem is, you then have to fine another guy to pay 7 to produce 12. And if you really extrapolate that, you don't win because you ran out of money before you got to your pitching staff. You would be paying 15 million a man just for your starting nine. And our budget is less than that.

I am fine giving a guy 13 to produce 10. Problem is, you then have to fine another guy to pay 7 to produce 12. And if you really extrapolate that, you don't win because you ran out of money before you got to your pitching staff. You would be paying 15 million a man just for your starting nine. And our budget is less than that.

Yep, that crowd gets mad at the logical crowd because they're being reasonable about the money we have to spend.

Archived