Andrew Miller to sign today (Yankees 4/$36M)

weams

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't a big deal. Miller is just going to make the same amount of money this year as Hunter and Matusz will. No big deal.

O'day is a FA next year. It's probably going to be around 3/18 to keep him. See where I'm going with this. If you get rid of Matusz and Hunter this year, and don't resign O'day. That is basically your money to sign Andrew Miller.

No, by marginal I mean marginal.

I kinda hope they sign Robertson and tie up another 36 million in the bullpen while not getting the extra pick.

Yup. Me too. They still have to have a lead late to make these guys worthwhile. The Yanks have not done anything offensively (or starting pitching wise) to make me believe they are any better.

And by marginal you mean huge. Especially if they still sign Robertson.
Exactly. I'll be a little more worried if they bring back Robertson.
Agreed, unless they sign Roberston too. They then gain an inning.

I know money trumps all but I don't see Robertson eager to come back and pitch the 8th. I also don't think they signed Miller to pitch the 8th.

And look at it this way, they get all three guys odds are pretty good one gets hurt or has that random implosion year relievers tend to have.

I know money trumps all but I don't see Robertson eager to come back and pitch the 8th. I also don't think they signed Miller to pitch the 8th.

And look at it this way, they get all three guys odds are pretty good one gets hurt or has that random implosion year relievers tend to have.

Betances wants to pitch the ninth. The Reds had a bullpen like this one time.

Those same odds have Machado, Wieters and Bundy all not making full returns. Only difference is that we have no margin for error.

Those same odds have Machado, Wieters and Bundy all not making full returns. Only difference is that we have no margin for error.

Right because third basemen and catchers always have inexplicably bad years like relief pitchers do.

And the O's have more margin for error considering they are not the team that finished 12 games out last season.

Archived