Duke@MD 2/11

Pushmonkey

Rob, they arent' that good, and i don't see how you can think they're a lock to make the tourney. They're going to more than likely have a 5 game losing streak after they play BC this week. They may win 20 games, but let's say they finish 6-10 in conference, then what?

They won't lose at home to GT and MD.

We will see about BC this week. Duke handled them fairly easily already this year(after those guys were suspended as well). So, we will see but obviously, they are the underdog going into that game.

If they finish 6-10 in the conference, then we can talk. But they have beaten alot of quality teams this year...They have 7 losses now and 6 are to the RPI top 40(with 4 of them in the RPI top 30). The only team outside of that is GT, at GT and they are almost in the top 50.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rob, they arent' that good, and i don't see how you can think they're a lock to make the tourney. They're going to more than likely have a 5 game losing streak after they play BC this week. They may win 20 games, but let's say they finish 6-10 in conference, then what?

Can't believe I'll agree with a tarheal...but Yes, Duke and MD are not top seeded teams if they make the NCAA's maybe 10 seeds where the committe makes the rest of the country go yeah but a mid major got ripped off.

We will see about BC this week. Duke handled them fairly easily already this year(after those guys were suspended as well). So, we will see but obviously, they are the underdog going into that game.

If they finish 6-10 in the conference, then we can talk. But they have beaten alot of quality teams this year...They have 7 losses now and 6 are to the RPI top 40(with 4 of them in the RPI top 30). The only team outside of that is GT, at GT and they are almost in the top 50.

They have not shown that home court means much in ACC play , nor have they showen that they can compete with GT or MD.

What the hell are yout alking about? I said over the past month, he has been very solid and he has. His defense has been good, he is turning it over much less and the rest of his numbers are where you want them to be.

No one has ever said the guy is the best PG in the country or even the conference. But he is much better now than he was early and that is because he is healthy and practicing and whatnot(which he wasn't doing after the foot and wrist issues before the season started).

I am not cherry picking anything.

And Duke has actually not played poorly in any game during this losing streak before tonight. They haven't played well the last 3 minutes of a game in a long time and because of that, they are now 5-6 in conference.

The offense has gone from scoring 68ppg up until Jan 14 to 73 ppg going over the past month. So, the argument doesn't hold water either.

It's not about scoring. It's about efficiency.

And you are the one who started this entire Paulus debate by claiming he was one of the best in the ACC and cited his assists totals last year.

I stand by every claim I have made about this man and his abysmal performance. He is just not a good ACC point guard. And I really just don't think he's much of a college point guard period.

There is very little you have shown me to make me shy away.

A much needed, and well earned victory from Maryland. But now the million dollar question, why on God's green earth can't we play like this against team's not named Duke? As sweet as this win is, it frustrates me even more. My God this was a MUCH different team than we've seen pretty much all season.

Agreed. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, this would drive me crazy if i were a MD fan.

Do they only care about beating Duke? If i were Gary, i would rip the team a new one tonight(but in a more positive way).

Agreed, but to say that it was the dumbest thing I've ever said was a dumb thing for you to say. While it's not likely, it's not that Far Fetched. It's not like I said Florida didnt belong in the tourney, now that would be dumb!

They have not shown that home court means much in ACC play , nor have they showen that they can compete with GT or MD.

The GT game was earlier in the year and i expect them to come out with more energy for MD in Cameron. I am not worried about either of those games to be honest.

While I appreciate to an extent the Maryland fans are happy with a win, keep in mind you did beat a team with a losing record in the conference. Don't go putting another banner in the Comcast Center, it's a good win but no need to get carried away.

Agreed, but to say that it was the dumbest thing I've ever said was a dumb thing for you to say. While it's not likely, it's not that Far Fetched. It's not like I said Florida didnt belong in the tourney, now that would be dumb!

There is a HUGE difference between saying they don't DESERVE to be in the tourney and that they could miss out on the tourney.

I am not worried about either though.

Big win obviously. As others have said, it would be nice if they played with this much effort every game. I think the only reason this game was even in question was Gist and Ibekwe being on the bench a decent amount.

There is a HUGE difference between saying they don't DESERVE to be in the tourney and that they could miss out on the tourney.

I am not worried about either though.

You should be worried though in my opinion. Let's see where they stand two weeks from now.

Agreed. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, this would drive me crazy if i were a MD fan.

Do they only care about beating Duke? If i were Gary, i would rip the team a new one tonight(but in a more positive way).

Its amazing you can find a negative for MD tonight.:rolleyes:

Archived