Duke@MD 2/11

Pushmonkey

BTW, here is what scouts love(his line tonight):

20pts, 8 rebs, 4 blocks, 2 steals. He only had one assist tonight but is normally good for 3-4 a night.

He is a stat sheet filler.

Fox kept showing stats about Duke's offense when it went through McRoberts and when it didn't. When it did, the offense was much better. His ability to pass and extend the defense makes them a better offense.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't know. Alot of people have said he is like one of the european big men but they normally do less inside than he does and shoot better from the outside than he does.

I think he is a unique talent but one who needs to develop a killer instinct, a mid range game and probably 15lbs of muscle to be a very good NBA player.

I mean if he does that he could be a poor man's Chris Bosh but that is a lot to ask. Nobody can be certain if he will develop all of those skills to put him as an upper echelon player in the NBA.

I mean if he does that he could be a poor man's Chris Bosh but that is a lot to ask. Nobody can be certain if he will develop all of those skills to put him as an upper echelon player in the NBA.
As i said, he has to work at it and has to want it.

The talent and ability is there but you have to work. I don't know what his work ethic is like so i won't speculate on it but if i had to guess, i would say it is not as good as Hansbrough's and if it was, he would be the best player in the conference.

20pts, 8 rebs, 4 blocks, 2 steals. He only had one assist tonight but is normally good for 3-4 a night.

Fox kept showing stats about Duke's offense when it went through McRoberts and when it didn't. When it did, the offense was much better. His ability to pass and extend the defense makes them a better offense.

He is a good passer, I agree with that. Maybe Luke Walton would be a better comparison, he might not be a great scorer, but the other skills could develop. Although Walton was one of the better passing forwards I've seen in College in years. McRoberts isn't that good yet.

He is a good passer, I agree with that. Maybe Luke Walton would be a better comparison, he might not be a great scorer, but the other skills could develop. Although Walton was one of the better passing forwards I've seen in College in years. McRoberts isn't that good yet.

He is more atheltic and a better ball handler than Walton.

He is a combination of different guys....I am not sure there is one player like him in the pros.

Yes in his per minute production was worse than Gist's.

He is more atheltic and a better ball handler than Walton.

He is a combination of different guys....I am not sure there is one player like him in the pros.

I think he could be as athletic as Walton, I wouldn't say more. Walton has always been vastly underrated in my opinion, especially in College.

All due respect I think that's a pretty bad comparison. Luke Walton is a consistent outside shooter (he led the NBA in 3P% for a while). Walton doesn't really have a post-up game to speak of (well he does but not on a consistent basis) and they don't play the same position. Walton is a much better passer as well.

All due respect I think that's a pretty bad comparison. Luke Walton is a consistent outside shooter (he led the NBA in 3P% for a while). Walton doesn't really have a post-up game to speak of (well he does but not on a consistent basis) and they don't play the same position. Walton is a much better passer as well.

Honestly, I'm thinking more of Walton at Arizona, i don't see much of the Lakers and I know you're a fan, so you're probably right. At Arizona he could post up as well as shoot, run the floor, and of course, pass.

Stat sheet filler or not, he was only a factor in this game when Gist and Ibekwe weren't guarding him. He barely did anything in the first half when they were in for most of the time, and really only did anythign productive during that 6-8 minute stretch where Gist and Ibekwe were both on the bench. Him against Osby/Bowers kept Duke in the game, but as soon as Gary put the horses back in he couldn't score anymore (did have 2 late baskets against Gist) and MD went on the closing run.

He's going to have a very, very difficult time getting his shots off over taller and more athletic defensive players in the Gist/Ibekwe mold in the NBA.

Stat sheet filler or not, he was only a factor in this game when Gist and Ibekwe weren't guarding him. He barely did anything in the first half when they were in for most of the time, and really only did anythign productive during that 6-8 minute stretch where Gist and Ibekwe were both on the bench. Him against Osby/Bowers kept Duke in the game, but as soon as Gary put the horses back in he couldn't score anymore (did have 2 late baskets against Gist) and MD went on the closing run.

He's going to have a very, very difficult time getting his shots off over taller and more athletic defensive players in the Gist/Ibekwe mold in the NBA.

Honestly I felt like Bowers absolutely schooled McRoberts when he first came in. He continued to shut him down defensively, and even made a few fine offensive plays, which is even more of a rarity than the good D from WillBo.

I could almost see a light come on when the combo of Osby/Neal was in, though, as if McRoberts said "why am I not taking it to these guys?" He was at the top of the key, looked to pass, then realized who was guarding him and drove in for an easy lay-up. After a few minutes of that mentality working out for him, he convinced himself to try to take it in against anyone. Bowers all of a sudden looked less efficient, but like you said, Gist and Ibekwe kept him quiet.

Scheyer did not have one of his better shooting nights, but I don't think I can remember a Duke team take fewer three-pointers. Especially when the deficit was 10 or so with under 5 minutes to play, I expected them to take the open shots, but they kept passing the ball around...and there were more than a few times that they passed up legitimately open shots. Not sure what happened there.

We'll see about that game at Cameron Indoor, SG. I agree that it is maddening, but if there is one thing that these seniors have been able to do with some consistency, it is play Duke tough no matter the venue. I've seen 4 Maryland/Duke games in person, and I'm 2-2. Come February 28th in Durham, I'll get the chance to go above .500! I've been told not to wear anything nice because the students are all over you as you sit on press row, but I'll deal with it:).

He is hardly overrated unless you think you know more than NBA scouts.

On the college level, everyone keeps scratching their heads as to why he won't take that next step. No one has said he has taken that step by any means.

You were overrating him the other day when you put him on your ACC 1st team when he's not even close to being worthy of that.

Archived