Duke@MD 2/11

Pushmonkey

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd add the MD-Kansas Final Four game. I remember a lot of people saying that MD couldn't hang with Kansas, and in the first few minutes it looked like Kansas was going to run away with it, but we took the game over from there.

Yeah went from like 11-2 Kansas to a 20 point Maryland lead in about 10 minutes. That might have been an even more dominating performance than the Duke game at Cole. Only unfortunate thing was after this game, there was no longer any doubt as to whether Wilcox was staying or going, he made himself a top 8 pick the way he shut down and manhandled Drew Gooden.

Yeah went from like 11-2 Kansas to a 20 point Maryland lead in about 10 minutes. That might have been an even more dominating performance than the Duke game at Cole. Only unfortunate thing was after this game, there was no longer any doubt as to whether Wilcox was staying or going, he made himself a top 8 pick the way he shut down and manhandled Drew Gooden.

I swear Wilcox had 3 blocks on Gooden in the first 5 minutes. I think 2 came on 1 possession down the field. It was unreal.

Juan dropped 33 that game. Baxter had a really off night too, I think he got into foul trouble early and Holden filled in very nicely.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/2002/ncaa_tourney/news/2002/03/30/maryland_kansas_ap/

This was the article from the game. Tell me something very ironic with one of the pictures.

How wierd is that? If I had to guess as to why he chose to wear a Blazers hat back then all I can think of is he liked that the colors matched UM's.

I almost threw in the Kansas game. This was the Terps most dominating performance in the tourny. Kansas was ranked either #1 or #2 heading into the tourny. After Md took the lead midway through the first half they never relinquished it, and built it up pretty big in the 2nd half before scaring the hell out of me at the end of the game when Kansas cut it to like 4 or 5.

• 2 weeks later...
Your delusion about this Duke team is absolutely wonderful. You aren't worried about GT or MD, two teams that beat your beloved dookies by double digits already? Or is that just because it's a home game, where dook has only lost to Virginia Tech, North Carolina, and Florida State there so far in conference play (and nearly Clemson).

Then of course there's 9-2 BC, current conference leaders. But you're not worried about playing them on the road because you handled them at home.

And then there's Clemson and NC on the road. Sure, those teams are ahead of dook in the standings, but that's no concern, this is dook after all!

8-8 at absolute, near miracle best. worse season in a decade. so unfortunate for dook. so unfortunate.

funny that you think gary should rip them a new one tonight after a double digit win. suprised that you could find a negative in tonight's performance. but i guess this team "only gets up for dook" like you said. thanks for your pop psychology on the psyche of our team. not like they've beaten any other good teams this season. :rolleyes:

(btw, is dook still going to finish second in the conference and get a #2 seed in the tournament?)

I read this post now and just laugh.

• 3 months later...

Archived