Rosenthal Reporting Bedard Deal is Official

Chito

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Settle down guys...I'm not against any of this. I'm fully on board. I'm just saying that these decisions are not the no-brainers that you all think they are.

Consider...we could have easily tried to sign Andruw Jones and a closer this year and then sold that as evidence that we could compete. Heck, on paper, Kakes, Jones, Miggy, R. Hernandez, Roberts, Bedard, Guthrie, Loewen, Walker, Bradford, and a new Closer doesn't sound half bad to the average fan. We all know it is but this is the type of thing we definitely would have done in year's past.

All I'm saying is we shouldn't discount the huge change in philosophy that has occurred since Andy McPhail has come on board; and Angelos deserves credit for changing his stripes and going in this direction. There's a >50% chance that it will not be without significant pain in 08 and maybe 09.

A new day dawning for the O's. :D Hence the new avatar :D

Good to see the trade finally happen. I hope we get the better end of the deal when all is said and done.

Welcome to the new players..

Time to pony up for a Plus Membership. :002_scool:

Go O's :D

In fairness, this is a HUGE risk that shouldn't be ignored. I think successful people must take risks and this risk is strongly mitigated due to the perceived quality we're receiving in return. Still, if none of the 10 players we have received so far don't pan out our franchise will remain in the crapper.

Remain being the key word.

Archived