Rosenthal Reporting Bedard Deal is Official

Chito

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thread title 'At Last' is incredibly appropriate. It reminds me of a wedding, when the band plays 'At Last' to end the evening. Great background music when everyone left at the reception is worn out, jubilant, and wasted.

Because we're so blown away by what we got in this trade?

You may not be now, but just give it a few years and you will realize how good this trade really is. Jones and Sherrill will really be the only immediate impact, but Tillman and Butler are two really good pitching prospects and Mickolio could be a late inning force.

Like I said, if he had said what the O's roster move was, then I'd believe it.

It is quite possible that someone from Seattle leaked it to Rosenthal as a slap at Angelos. Kenny may be the reporter that Angelos hates the most (unless you count Nestor as a reporter). Angelos once refered to Rosenthal as am "insolent little twit" when he was with the Sun.

Rosenthal proclaims it official, but provides nothing more than the anonymous reports we've heard for two weeks. Um, Kenny, it's NOT official.

I highly doubt that KR would announce the deal done, if all he was going off of were reports we've all heard this week. He's well connected and won't reveal his source of information. I would imagine that the rest of the media will slowly start running similar stories as the day rolls on.

Because we're so blown away by what we got in this trade?

A potential All-Star centerfielder, a left-handed closer (that we can spin for a couple of players at the deadline), a couple of B-rated pitching prospects, and a throw-in reliever? Personally, I couldn't be happier.

Archived