Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Quote Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post

Jim D on mlbradio said he thought that DD really wanted to spend the money on Cruz and got squashed. I wonder if that was part of what set things in motion.

Most Oriole fans knew the Owner doesn't like to spend.

Yikes...that wouldn't shock me, but that is awful if so. We need another power bat and that is a glaring hole. I thought they would sign Cruz if they didn't have a strong backup plan.

This offseason has been atrocious and me thinks it isn't all because of "right player, right price". Hope I am wrong...things are not looking good.

Football is dead to me after last week, so time to turn to the NBA...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yikes...that wouldn't shock me, but that is awful if so. We need another power bat and that is a glaring hole. I thought they would sign Cruz if they didn't have a strong backup plan.

This offseason has been atrocious and me thinks it isn't all because of "right player, right price". Hope I am wrong...things are not looking good.

Football is dead to me after last week, so time to turn to the NBA...

We have a forum for basketball.

It is Ken's job to do these sorts of things, but I want to make two points about it.

1) It isn't the information, but the innuendo he creates that is packaged with the "facts" and the glee that he takes in making it sound sordid that makes my stomach turn.

2) I agree that most reporting has become this crazy version of scoop journalism, but all that makes me think is that the job blows. I couldn't do it and look myself in the mirror. It is a version of prostitution and succumbing to the lowest denominator IMHO.

I was surprised Roch used the word toxic, but he was clearly quoting someone directly. I thought Britt's take last night about others wanting credit and the ability to show they could do well without DD was more on point. In jobs like these, there is always a ton of competition due to the limited nature of these sorts of positions.

I thought that was interesting as well. But it raises a question that perhaps the Orioles are not as healthy an organization as it might appear.

The only way that this story will go away is if DD were to issue a definitive statement that he plans to stay with the Os -- period. However, through all this, DD has refused to do this. So the story keeps going on and on and on. :confused::mad:

This! This is smoke and you know what they say about smoke.

Because previous Duquette offseasons have been absolute roller coasters...

Unfortunately the issue of DD and if he stays with the Orioles has morphed into a debate about motives of reporters and pitch fork mobs attacking DD for doing what he has always done. Other than being very concerned that he has not stopped this train himself, I have no issue with DD or really the off season.

Jim Duquette got squashed. Dan Duquette doesn't.

I can promise you that I will address some of this at fanfest. If Dan still works in Baltimore.

This is significantly different than "He is not leaving" and the Orioles would get multiple high end prospects. Also, given what is transpiring in "real time" many here would appreciate you addressing this now if you have important news or thoughts. And I would think those would be worth sharing whether Dan works in Baltimore, Toronto or Taiwan. ;)

Sounds like you are softening your stance. You say the O's won't get significant compensation and still think he might not be working for the O's by fanfest. That would suggest that Angelos is going to cave in.

That would not seem like Angelos. What would seem more like to me is that if PA believes DD were not committed, he would fire him and then of course sue MLB and Toronto. Well, it's not the exciting off season one might have hoped for, but it is shaping up to be eventful.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Broncos have officially requested permission to interview Ravens OC Gary Kubiak, as <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter">@AdamSchefter</a> reported.</p>— Jeff Zrebiec (@jeffzrebiecsun) <a href="
">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Permission hasn't been granted yet but Ravens wouldn't - really couldn't - stand in Kubiak's way if he wants Denver head coaching job.</p>— Jeff Zrebiec (@jeffzrebiecsun) <a href="

">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xMaE6toi4mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fun stuff!

The only way that this story will go away is if DD were to issue a definitive statement that he plans to stay with the Os -- period. However, through all this, DD has refused to do this. So the story keeps going on and on and on. :confused::mad:

Well now he isn't talking to the press at all. So I think that is a big statement that he wants to leave pretty badly. I wonder if this isn't worked out by Fan Fest does DD even show up?

Well now he isn't talking to the press at all. So I think that is a big statement that he wants to leave pretty badly. I wonder if this isn't worked out by Fan Fest does DD even show up?

As other have said. Kubiak made a definitive statement. There is nothing further to be gained by the Orioles discussing any if this further.

Guest rochester
I still think Andy MacPhail is the dark horse...

that is since George is no longer available ;)

GH_Dark_Horse_backcover.jpg

Won't be the last milestone at this rate.

Perfect. We should bring Andy back to negotiate the DD trade. It may take a while to percolate but he would gut them whole. :)

Archived