Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

And PA has already given Toronto the OK to interview DD? He'll listen to offers to give TOR the chance to interview him. If he isn't impressed by what they present then he's more than happy with the man he gave a 4 year extension to. Otherwise DD has no say in what happens.

Once the comp is worked out it will take Dan about 5 sec to take the job.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely DD is following the orders of his boss and not commenting.

What lawyer (PGA) wants anyone on his side of the case talking to the media about it?

Just because you want to hear DD deny the rumors doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

My money is on DD being the good employee/client and following his Boss/lawyer's advice to NOT talk about the subject.

Once the comp is worked out it will take Dan about 5 sec to take the job.

What do you think Angelos is asking from them though? Certainly it's outrageous if he actually has entertained their previous offers. He'd be gone already otherwise.

I also think he will No Comment to death at Fanfest. Anyone who boo's him is a moron though.

So let me get this right, Dan wants to go work for a guy, who at any minute, can be usurped by the real CEO, in the middle of a family feud, that consistently fields a very poor on field product, in a domed, astro turfed, stadium. And his main job will be to find a way to make natural grass grow in that stadium?

Folks it's time to start blaming Dan this is all on him.

I am not blaming anyone. Dan would like to take a job that involves a big pay raise and more responsibility. Who wouldn't? He's under contract and so he can't take the job unless his current employer lets him out of his commitment. Many employers do that, but they can't be compelled to do it, and this is a somewhat unique situation. Nobody's the bad guy here, in my opinion. It's just a difficult scenario.

What do you think Angelos is asking from them though? Certainly it's outrageous if he actually has entertained their previous offers. He'd be gone already otherwise.

I also think he will No Comment to death at Fanfest. Anyone who boo's him is a moron though.

The real Rogers folks will not allow Ed to give the compensation. It's over.

I am not blaming anyone. Dan would like to take a job that involves a big pay raise and more responsibility. Who wouldn't? He's under contract and so he can't take the job unless his current employer lets him out of his commitment. Many employers do that, but they can't be compelled to do it, and this is a somewhat unique situation. Nobody's the bad guy here, in my opinion. It's just a difficult scenario.
Ed Rogers could be bad.

Holy crap no its not. This is now looking like less Oceans 11 and more Home Alone style theft.

Toronto is a completely ass backwards organization and DD is in no way to blame for them trying to poach him.

He is already stated he intends to live up to his contract. He could also be under orders not to comment on it.

This is what I think is going on. I'm sure it's in his contract even. DD cannot comment on this for various reasons I'm sure.

If Dan Duquette wanted no part of the Toronto job, you don't think he'd be allowed to say that?

I don't know. If Ed Rogers wants to shoot himself in the foot, I guess both Dan and Peter would allow it. I'll speak for Dan. He'd love the raise. It's the difference between rich and wealthy. He'd probably even get stock options which would serve as multipliers.

Archived