Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal now18 seconds ago

On #Orioles’ Duquette, rival exec asks: “If #BlueJays think he is a difference-maker, why not trade top prospect for him?” Fair question.

I think Ken can see the writing on the wall - if this gets done, we are going to get back much more than he anticipated in compensation.

I have things to say!

Dear Dan Duquette: Why would you want to go to America Jr when you alredy in Amercia? - Homer Simpson

Duquette is replaceable. Another top pitching prospect is harder to get. Its a good trade.

Cito still sucks.

I think the Blue Jays are being run by this guy:

437afecd67372f72de79323fe6bfb995.jpg

Actually, in his zeal to hate on Baltimore, Rosenthal has actually harmed Toronto, IMO. This has reached the proportions it has because of Rosenthal. The tampering by Toronto has inadvertently been made obvious by Rosenthal. The high compensation being discussed is, in large part, because of Rosenthal's big mouth. His opinion isn't going to affect Ed Rogers' lust for DD, but it will work up the Toronto fans into an even bigger furor. Keep up the good work, Ken. :laughlol:
You raise a good point about Toronto. Anthopoulos has to be wondering when the other shoe will drop on his job.(playing the world's smallest :newcry: ) I go back to the Ken Williams situation in Chicago. He wanted out just like Dan. I didn't hear Ken saying there would be a conflict of interest and Chicago should let him out of this "tug-of-war." Baltimore became the storyline hammered again and again.

I quoted it earlier in this thread, but it's easily lost in the flood of responses lost in this topic. The first paragraph about Dan telling Montreal he'd mail it in is what pushed me over the edge to change my mind about keeping him. That, and also Connolly's report that Dan has repeatedly asked to leave.

Heart not in it? Let?s examine exactly what player moves Duquette has made to improve the Orioles since Dec. 7, the date the news first leaked out of Blue Jays? interest in him, bumping and totally disrespecting Beeston and his legacy on the eve of this year?s winter meetings in San Diego.

While the Red Sox, Yankees and Rays have made huge off-season moves to improve and make over their AL East rosters ? the Jays having made their big splash earlier in the winter ? the O?s have, in the past 46 days: re-signed DH Delmon Young, claimed a marginal Rule 5 prospect, made one small cash acquisition and signed 10 minor-league free agents, the highest profile of which was catcher J.P. Arencibia. In the meantime, the O?s lost key pieces Nelson Cruz, Andrew Miller and Nick Markakis. And when it came time to visit free-agent Colby Rasmus as a potential right fielder, Duquette sent manager Buck Showalter down to meet him at his home. Maybe Angelos has noticed.

I still fully believe DD would do a good job here even if he does stay. People can still do a good job even if they want to be somewhere else.

I quoted it earlier in this thread, but it's easily lost in the flood of responses lost in this topic. The first paragraph about Dan telling Montreal he'd mail it in is what pushed me over the edge to change my mind about keeping him. That, and also Connolly's report that Dan has repeatedly asked to leave.

Yes, I did not see that it was the same. I do not think that Dan ever told Montreal he would mail it in. I think he told them his heart was elsewhere.

I still fully believe DD would do a good job here even if he does stay. People can still do a good job even if they want to be somewhere else.

I guess it's unfair to speculate but I wonder if he pulled the same "my heart won't be in it" move with Angelos? The Orioles stance on this has softened significantly in the last week or so.

Is this as true now as it was before MacPhail was hired?

I might be way off but I suspect Buck's level of influence and involvement might turn off some potential GMs. I don't think we'll have trouble finding someone who jives with him, though.

I might be way off but I suspect Buck's level of influence and involvement might turn off some potential GMs. I don't think we'll have trouble finding someone who jives with him, though.

Or the next Dan Duquette. The younger, smarter one. If and when he exists.

Archived