Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the O's do pull off a trade for Hoffman they might have to put him in Witness Protection the way some Jays fans are freaking out.

I think we need to liberate as many prospects from the organization as possible now, for their safety.

I guess it's unfair to speculate but I wonder if he pulled the same "my heart won't be in it" move with Angelos? The Orioles stance on this has softened significantly in the last week or so.

With the possible return for DD being so significant it's no wonder why they have softened & why they would listen to offers now.

After reading the quote about what DD said in Montreal I actually do hope he gets traded just to end the speculation...but for nothing less than Hoffman & I even hope they get more. Otherwise I think he would still do a good job here.

Emphasis on the last word "yet"

Exactly.

Olney suggests Hoffman.

Rosenthal says Hoffman is recovering.

Rosenthal implies Hoffman is enough.

Jim says Hoffman is a good start.

Dan hits F4.

Buck hits F4.

Blue Jays hit F4.

Angelos strokes cat in lap.

MLB finds gum under table and puts in mouth.

Guest rochester

I do not consider DD to be a top executive - I don't care what success you bring when you can damage it quickly and without provocation like he has. I give him a great amount of credit for doing his job extremely well. However, this revelation with Montreal is the last straw, and the most likely reason why he was out of the game for 10 years.

For his sake, I hope the BJ's do not treat him like he and the BJ's have handled this situation with the O's. If he doesn't head a miraculous turnaround it may be his last job in baseball, and he won't even know what's coming until Kenny tweets it.

I quoted it earlier in this thread, but it's easily lost in the flood of responses lost in this topic. The first paragraph about Dan telling Montreal he'd mail it in is what pushed me over the edge to change my mind about keeping him. That, and also Connolly's report that Dan has repeatedly asked to leave.

Why would the Blue Jays even want DD if he is like this? He might leave them in a couple of years to try and go elsewhere. Well if any other team could possibly want him. It is like a guy who cheated on his first wife to his eventual second wife. No he is cheating on his second wife with you and wants to marry you. Do you not think he will cheat on you?

Why would the Blue Jays even want DD if he is like this? He might leave them in a couple of years to try and go elsewhere. Well if any other team could possibly want him. It is like a guy who cheated on his first wife to his eventual second wife. No he is cheating on his second wife with you and wants to marry you. Do you not think he will cheat on you?

It's better than our last husband. The one who stole our savings and left. That's how we have to look at it. It's better than what we had.

It concerns me that Dan is such a lousy businessman that he didn't negotiate an out for this type of situation when he was negotiating a contract extension two years ago. If this was his dream job, he had all the leverage to negotiate an out for a promotion like this and failed to do so.

I quoted it earlier in this thread, but it's easily lost in the flood of responses lost in this topic. The first paragraph about Dan telling Montreal he'd mail it in is what pushed me over the edge to change my mind about keeping him. That, and also Connolly's report that Dan has repeatedly asked to leave.

I found this particularly embarrassing, ha.

Duquette was out of MLB between being let go by the Bosox in 2002 and finally being hired by the Orioles, ahead of Jays? current assistant GM Tony LaCava. Fact is, he had been available for anyone to hire, including the Jays ? attending every winter meetings in that time as a job seeker, usually sitting alone in hallways and lobbies as disinterested execs passed by.

Archived