Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except Reimold runs much better than Young, and as you mentioned, his plate discipline is awesome.

I thought I had heard Young was actually pretty quick from Buck or someone. Not fast but good foot speed. I think production-wise between the 2 its a wash. Delmon in his career is a .281 hitter while Reimold is a career .251. Reimold does walk more to offset his lower average, but why replace the guy we owe 2.25m to with another player with additional salary for the same production?

You know, like plate discipline.

Exactly. Everyone complains about our OBP and that the only thing our guys do is try to hit homers, but then when confronted with a guy who is all about getting on base, we're asked, "where's his power?" Makes me giggle like a small schoolgirl.

Exactly. Everyone complains about our OBP and that the only thing our guys do is try to hit homers, but then when confronted with a guy who is all about getting on base, we're asked, "where's his power?" Makes me giggle like a small schoolgirl.

They have meds for that. :)

Like a sad, frustrated, small schoolgirl right?

o

Other than Pete Rose, Nolan Reimold is the only major league player that I can ever remember seeing that runs full speed on all ground balls (no matter how seemingly routine they are), without fail.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/114457-Nolan-Reimold-and-the-Infield-Single

The only other time that I saw this happening (batters consistently sprinting full speed out of the box on all ground balls, without fail) in professional baseball was in the numerous Bluefield Orioles games that I went to in 2007, 2008, and 2009 when they played road games in North Carolina and southern Virginia.

Those players (the Bluefield Orioles AND their opponents) never took anything for granted.

o

Other than Pete Rose, Nolan Reimold is the only major league player that I can ever remember seeing that runs full speed on all ground balls (no matter how seemingly routine they are), without fail.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/114457-Nolan-Reimold-and-the-Infield-Single

The only other time that I saw this happening (batters consistently sprinting full speed out of the box on all ground balls, without fail) in professional baseball was in the numerous Bluefield Orioles games that I went to in 2007, 2008, and 2009 when they played road games in North Carolina and southern Virginia.

Those players (the Bluefield Orioles AND their opponents) never took anything for granted.

Part of that I'm sure is youth and hunger, and wanting to scrap your way to the next level. But another part is that, if you run hard, the chances that the fielders in the Appalachian League will mess up a routine play are much greater than the chances that major leaguers will mess up the same play.

I would hardly call a guy with a .324 OBP a guy who is "all about getting on base".

o

Part of that I'm sure is youth and hunger, and wanting to scrap your way to the next level. But another part is that, if you run hard, the chances that the fielders in the Appalachian League will mess up a routine play are much greater than the chances that major leaguers will mess up the same play.

I believe that it is primarily youth and hunger, and I'll explain why.

Although I never asked the numerous players that I talked to before the games that I went to, if I had to guess, I don't think that it is because the fielding is really bad, because in all of the games that I have seen at the levels of the Rookie League up through AAA, the defense wasn't that much more atrocious in the lower levels than it was at the upper levels. And I didn't see that constant hustle in the AAA, AA, and Advanced-A level games that I have seen.

Hence, my gut feeling is that they aren't thinking about how bad the opposition is when they are playing, but rather the fact that they are at the very lowest level of the minor leagues, and they don't know how many more chances (if any, beyond the season that they are playing in) that they will get again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per industry sources, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> will select OF Nolan Reimold's contract from AAA Norfolk before tomorrow's game vs. Red Sox</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">June 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per industry sources, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> will select OF Nolan Reimold's contract from AAA Norfolk before tomorrow's game vs. Red Sox</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">June 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know someone who said that would happen.

Archived