Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

Nolan Reimold signed minor league contract with the O's yesterday. I heard a collective yawn. But if he is healthy he could be one of the O's best players at LF/RF/DH.

Lets look at the career numbers.

Pearce, 1081 AB, 768 OPS

Reimold, 1005 AB, 762 OPS

Young, 3934 AB, 742 OPS

De Aza, 1954 AB, 733 OPS

Snider, 1546 AB, 716 OPS

Lough, 548 AB, 701 OPS

If Reimold shows up in ST camp healthy and does what he can do he has the ability to make a contribution. He can play LF, RF and DH. He has speed. He has power. He has a rightfielder's throwing arm. He hits lefties and righties. He is patience and can lead off.

Being on a minor league contract will allow the O's to have him begin the year in the minors if that is what the O's want.

Nolan has to prove he is healthy and can put up his career numbers. If he does the O's may need to make space on the roster at some point in the not distance future.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say that last spring, if you'd asked most fans, they'd have said Reimold was more likely than Pearce to post an .800+ OPS. The Pearce example shows that you just never know what will happen in baseball. So, while I wouldn't bet on a big contribution from Reimold, I won't rule it out, either. Heck, look what we got from Danny Valencia.

I love Reimold, but if I was a betting man, he has a decent spring, and he doesn't make the 25 man roster, Orioles designate him for assignment and he refuses AAA and ends up elsewhere.

On a minor league deal, I thought he would have to wait for whatever his opt-out date is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a minor league deal, I thought he would have to wait for whatever his opt-out date is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, wrote, before my 2nd cup of coffee. :)

Regardless, I don't see him making this roster, and I doubt he accepts a AAA assignment here.

He is an extra body for ST lineups and insurance, nothing more.

Hell, I would love to be wrong, and he has a major impact and people say Cruz who?

Nolan Reimold signed minor league contract with the O's yesterday. I heard a collective yawn. But if he is healthy he could be one of the O's best players at LF/RF/DH.

Lets look at the career numbers.

Pearce, 1081 AB, 768 OPS

Reimold, 1005 AB, 762 OPS

Young, 3934 AB, 742 OPS

De Aza, 1954 AB, 733 OPS

Snider, 1546 AB, 716 OPS

Lough, 548 AB, 701 OPS

If Reimold shows up in ST camp healthy and does what he can do he has the ability to make a contribution. He can play LF, RF and DH. He has speed. He has power. He has a rightfielder's throwing arm. He hits lefties and righties. He is patience and can lead off.

Being on a minor league contract will allow the O's to have him begin the year in the minors if that is what the O's want.

Nolan has to prove he is healthy and can put up his career numbers. If he does the O's may need to make space on the roster at some point in the not distance future.

He can't play anything but DH well defensively and there would have to be an extraordinary amount of injuries for him to make the team out of ST.

True, wrote, before my 2nd cup of coffee. :)

Regardless, I don't see him making this roster, and I doubt he accepts a AAA assignment here.

He is an extra body for ST lineups and insurance, nothing more.

Hell, I would love to be wrong, and he has a major impact and people say Cruz who?

He has to accept that assignment. That is the deal he signed. To be a minor leaguer. If late in the year he is not promoted, he is permitted to leave. And leave his money.

Not really. You just need one injury, to Delmon Young, to open the door for Reimold, IF he has a good spring. Righthanded DH, occassional outfielder. That's Young's job description. That's what Reimold is. He has just as good a chance as anyone else if something happens with Delmon.

This is true. In fact, this spring, he is a lot like Delmon last year. And that worked out.

Archived