The 2015 All DL Team

25 Nuggets

The hits just keep on comin'...

Arizona - Oscar Hernandez is out at least a month with a bad wrist. That's two catchers down for the D-backs.

Atlanta - OF Joey Terdoslavich is out a month with again, a sprained wrist. Winkler and Simmons are now both officially 60-day.

Boston - SP Edwin Escobar hasn't pitched yet this season and won't be back from a bad shoulder until Jone.

Chicago (NL) - IF Tommy La Stella still hasn't come back from a bad rib cage and won't be back till June. Pitcher Neil Ramirez is still dealing with shoulder inflammation. Remember Tsuyoshi Wada? He hasn't pitched all year but he is on rehab assignment. Finally, SP Dallas Beeler is also in Iowa on rehab from biceps tendonitis.

Chicago (AL) - C Rob Brantley is in AAA but somehow found his way on the MLB 15-day with an avulsion fracture of his thumb. Expect him to be DLed off the 40-man.

Cincinnati - Reliever Manny Parra has a sprained neck and is expected to be out 'till June, retroactive to late April.

Detroit - C Alex Avila has a loose body in his knee... he won't need surgery, but there is no timetable for his return.

Los Angeles (NL) - Big news as Yasiel Puig suffered a setback in his rehab after having an MRI. He will be out "at least another couple weeks". They're not missing him yet, with all three of their starting OFers OPSing over 1.000.

Miami - IF Don Kelly (finger) joins the growing list of players who aren't coming back from injury as soon as hoped.

New York (NL) The Mets are perhaps the most injured team in baseball. All Star 3B David Wright still hasn't been cleared for baseball activities and it's been a month. Rafael Montero (rotator cuff) becomes the seventh pitcher I've listed for the Mets, with more possibly to come!

Philadelphia - SP Jonathan Pettibone (shoulder) slipped through my fingers, sorry. The Phillies are actually one of the healthiest teams in baseball, though it's not helping much.

Pittsburgh - Fringe SS Justin Sellers is rehabbing from a strained achilles. Hasn't played yet.

San Diego - Welcome aboard Melvin Upton! He's just now participating in extended spring training and is looking at a June return.

San Francisco - We FINALLY have a first baseman for the team now that time has run out on Travis Ishikawa. He is currently rehabbing in Class A. Alongside him is SP Erik Cordier (forearm).

Seattle - RP Edgar Olmos is a strange case, as he has been forced to stay on the Mariners, on the DL, even though the Rangers claimed him off waivers. Will he make the team when he gets back sometime in June?

Saint Louis - Added Jaime Garcia (shoulder) who hasn't pitched yet this season.

Tampa Bay - As mentioned, SP Drew Smyly is done for the season, and his career may be threatened with a torn labrum. Horrible break for the Rays as Smyly was a key piece in the David Price deal. Also added relievers Jake McGee and C.J. Riefenhauser, though McGee is just about ready to come back from elbow surgery.

Texas - Kyuji Fujikawa, like McGee, hasn't pitched yet in 2015 but is just about ready to return to major league action.

Toronto - Michael Saunders is enjoying a second stint on the DL, and had to have his knee drained. Not a good sign.

Washington - As if to play catch up, I've added RP Erik Davis (2014 tommy john), RP Casey Janssen (shoulder), OF Reed Johnson (foot), RP Felipe Rivero (gastrointestinal bleed - yuck)

I'd like to point out that things are so bad with pitchers, that both Kenley Jansen and Casey Janssen are on the list. It took me an hour and a half to type this post.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryu done for the season.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ilgan Sports is reporting that Ryu Hyun-jin will have shoulder surgery on the 22nd and will be out for the season <a href="http://t.co/X7wMAqYVS0">http://t.co/X7wMAqYVS0</a></p>— Dan (@MyKBO) <a href="

">May 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

One more week and here we go...

Atlanta - 2B Phil Gosselin is out until July with a broken thumb. Mike Minor is now out for the season.

New York (NL) - 2B Dilson Herrera also has a broken finger and is at least three weeks further out.

New York (AL) - as noted in other threads, Uncle TJ claims another victim in Chase Whitley.

Philadelphia - SP Chad Billingsley is out 4-6 weeks with a strained lat.

Toronto - SS Jose Reyes has been out since April 27 and he's just now beginning rehab. "I'll probably have to deal with (sore ribs) all season" he says.

Texas is leading the pack again with NINE players already on the full 60-day DL. There are a couple others with 4-5 but that's as close as they get.

Archived