vs. RAYS, 4/07

OFFNY

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking at Karns and the way he's pitching I'm seeing the pitchers we used to have in the dark days.

It's weird seeing that with the Rays. They're screwed if they can't get starting pitching. Their pitching was what made them contenders more than their bats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• How many times has that been said in the history of baseball?
    • I’m not going to pillory Hyde for his decision.   The top of the order was due up, and they’d seen Grayson three times, so I get it.  And Perez got them out 1-2-3.   However, Grayson was dealing, and the previous run through the top of the order, he’d gone strikeout, strikeout, ground out.  So, I would have liked to challenge Grayson there.  We’ve only had one start where the starter has pitched into the 7th inning in the last 18 games.  I think Grayson was pretty well positioned to do it.   It’s not the end of the world, but I would have made a different decision unless GRod said he was tired.  
    • Giant were wishing for another Mike Yastrzemski maybe
    • It might be nice to see a chain reaction with Beavers to Norfolk, Etzel to Bowie, and Acevedo to Aberdeen.     Aron Estrada put up a 1.000+ OPS in the DSL in 2022 but was injured and so so last year in the FCL.  After an awful start at Delmarva he started to hit but without much power.  Now homers as a LH hitter the last two games.  Sunday a pull shot.  Tonight an oppo.  I’m hoping this is the start of a real breakout.  Not a big guy but well put together.   Sosa, Arias, and Tavera should be fun to watch progress.  Two years ago Estrada was the head of the class.
    • If Elias could somehow magically combine Stowers and Kjerstad into one player, then the O's would really have something.  I think Kjerstad has a special bat, but his defense anywhere leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't know if Stowers can keep his Ks low enough to be an everyday player, but the O's should find out before Santander hits free agency.
    • Read the ninth post on page one I wrote. That should have been the last post in this dumpster fire of a thread. Lol
  • Popular Contributors