Anyone worried about Pearce yet?

ChuckS

Lots of people said the same thing when Davis was struggling. "He'll be fine." We see how that turned out.

His OPS is .750 and over the past 7 days he is at .912. It is a little early in the year to make that proclamation.

To early on Pearce also.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Pearce turns it around, but one of my fears in the offseason was that the front office was relying on Pearce to have another good season and for Chris Davis to remember how to hit. It's still early in the season but neither has happened yet and Jones can't hit .450 forever.

I hope Pearce turns it around, but one of my fears in the offseason was that the front office was relying on Pearce to have another good season and for Chris Davis to remember how to hit. It's still early in the season but neither has happened yet and Jones can't hit .450 forever.

Davis is hitting 40 points higher than last year, within 13 points of his career average, and he is also slugging within 50 points of his career average. Both HR and at least two doubles to the opposite field. I am still optimistic that he can have a career average year.

Not sure what to make of Pearce. Yes, worried describes my feeling.

House of cards?

I see the House of Cards...how can you not?

1)Nelson Cruz should never have been allowed to leave

2)Ditto Andrew Miller

3)Pearse is completely lost at the plate and now he's pressing

4)How we did not bring in a #1 Starter is baffling...we are not build for a short series

5)When will Hardy and Weiters be healthy? That, with Cruz and Kakes gone is too much lost production.

6)Did we really think Norris would become a mainstay in the rotation? Last year was probably a fluke

7)Why did Gausman not win a starting job? His stuff is electrifying...

8)Let me say this again, Losing Cruz will have such a domino effect on this team that I just don't understand how Buck let it happen.

9) Excluding the Yankmes and the Rays, did the rest of the ALEast re-stock too well?

10)Davis? He may break Mark Reynolds K record by the All-Star Break...oy vay!

I'm not a doom and gloomer (I save that stuff for the Redskins)...but this isn't the well oiled machine we saw last year but I'll keep rooting for the good guys!

For now I want to see Pearce playing right field. Snider gives away too many runs out there. The O's are scoring enough runs to carry Pearce in right for a while. Hopefully he finds his stroke in the mean time.

I think I might be the only one not worried about Pearce. He looked great in ST. Way too early to worry about Pearce.

I am officially concerned about Norris, Garcia and Snider's defense though.

Davis is hitting 40 points higher than last year, within 13 points of his career average, and he is also slugging within 50 points of his career average. Both HR and at least two doubles to the opposite field. I am still optimistic that he can have a career average year.

Not sure what to make of Pearce. Yes, worried describes my feeling.

I hear ya but Davis still looks confused at the plate and even though his average is 40 points higher a .236 avg isn't something that we should be excited about lol. In a big situation he is one of the last guys I would want up to bat.

I'm worried about Pearce but I have much more confidence that he will turn it around than Davis.

I hear ya but Davis still looks confused at the plate and even though his average is 40 points higher a .236 avg isn't something that we should be excited about lol. In a big situation he is one of the last guys I would want up to bat.

I'm worried about Pearce but I have much more confidence that he will turn it around than Davis.

Davis is quietly starting to put together some good ABs mixed in with ones where he looks over matched. As stated above, he's driving the ball the other way. He's drawn walks the past two games, and has been getting on base at a good clip this past week. I haven't written him off yet.

As for Pearce, it may be best to use him in a rotation of 4-5 guys for the DH and corner OF spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 games. I'm sure you can find a 14 game stretch where Pearce struggled last year. I get as ticked off as anyone after a bad game. However, no reason to bail on Norris after 3 starts, Snider after a couple of misplays and Pearce after a slow start. Again, Paredes is swinging the bat great so I think he gets the DH bats against RH pitchers. That leaves Pearce competing for AB's with De Aza and Snider against RHP. It will be interesting to see how Buck handles that. De Aza is also struggling with the bat.

The pitching was very uneven for the 1st few months last year as well. This is our rotation. Gausman doesn't look good so far either. We need to ride these guys as long as they are healthy and let things, hopefully, even out over the long haul. The only place I would tinker with right now is the bullpen where I think the writing is on the wall with Garcia. I would also consider sending Gausman out to start at Norfolk and replacing him with Drake. Wesley Wright will take the other bullpen spot when he comes back.

So you would start Norris on Sunday vs the Red Sox? Why don't you just forfeit the game. It would be the same result. The Sox are a hitting team and Norris is not up to that.

Norris hasn't pitched well in ST or his three starts. Its time for him to go to the pen and work on his command. Call up Mike Wright to pitch Sunday and option Gausman.

So you would start Norris on Sunday vs the Red Sox? Why don't you just forfeit the game. It would be the same result. The Sox are a hitting team and Norris is not up to that.

It's true -- in baseball history, when a pitcher has a few bad outings in a row and then starts another game, his team has never, ever won the game. You can look it up!

...Or not, because that's ridiculous.

Sure. Mike Wright? Two good games at AAA and your convinced he's ready? Forfeit? Don't be a drama queen.

Two games? What do you think he was just born. He turned a corner late last year. He had a good ST and he has carried it over in the season. Right now I would take him over Norris. At least MW has gone 6 shutout innings in each of his last two starts. Sound like he can command the baseball. Norris hasn't shown that.

Archived