O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who said anything about politicians?

I am talking about agents, whose job includes putting their clients in the best possible light.

It is not like someone smiling at the camera, saying they are just to here to help and picking up trash is doing any harm.

You insinuated the agents should get their players to go help out so that they can make themselves look good. That's what politicians do. Screw. That. It's fake. It's not helping.

Well, not total speculation, the one tweet was from the food vendor alerting their workforce to the game time.

This is why I am surprised their isn't an official notice. It was going to leak at some point based on telling the employees. Unless they still aren't sure about holding the game today.

I just spoke to someone. The one on Paca is ok. The one they opened on Centre Street in Mount Vernon is badly damaged.

I'm just going by Richard Gorelick's twitter feed, but from what I saw, windows were broken, but were boarded up immediately, and nothing was taken. That may have changed overnight, though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes">@nytimes</a> doubly wrong on this : "The cafe portion of the Trinacria Italian Deli, in Baltimore since 1908, was destroyed."</p>— The Baltimore Diner (@gorelickingood) <a href="

">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/bosconet">@bosconet</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes">@nytimes</a> no. Broken windows . It could open tomorrow if owner wanted to .</p>— The Baltimore Diner (@gorelickingood) <a href="

They have got to know that very few people are going to be willing to walk out of that stadium at 7:30 tonight. That decision surprises me. 1 pm would have made more sense from my limited information.

Very true. I lived up there for 30 years and can take care of myself but there is no way I would go to the game at 4. The stadium area will be secure. It would be the trip home that would concern me.

You insinuated the agents should get their players to go help out so that they can make themselves look good. That's what politicians do. Screw. That. It's fake. It's not helping.

Like you would know it was artificial.

If an O's player was out there helping only a very few of us would be suspicious enough to question his motivation.

I suspect with armed national guard personnel on scene, might just be the safest place in the city to be.

I don't know for sure (and wouldn't be surprised if it was or if it wasn't), but I wonder if OPACY is considered to be part of Baltimore's critical infrastructure / key resources. Either way, I tend to agree with you. There's going to be a lot of protection around the stadium.

Very true. I lived up there for 30 years and can take care of myself but there is no way I would go to the game at 4. The stadium area will be secure. It would be the trip home that would concern me.

My guess is that the Umps will be calling a lot of strikes today.

I don't expect the game to go much over 2:30.

I'm just going by Richard Gorelick's twitter feed, but from what I saw, windows were broken, but were boarded up immediately, and nothing was taken. That may have changed overnight, though.

Yup. Just boarded up windows on Centre. Deli was never touched. They hope to open tomorrow in Mount Vernon if the city calms down.

Yup. Just boarded up windows on Centre. Deli was never touched. They hope to open tomorrow in Mount Vernon if the city calms down.

Some places were not as fortunate, suffering very serious looting and damage.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The decision to postpone today's <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> game was made after consultation with MLB & state & local officials, team announces.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>An announcement regarding the make-up date will be made as soon as possible. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Archived