It's time for David Lough to step forward

wildcard

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel like Lough and Snider started playing better as soon as Reimold and Parmalee got called up.

Lough played pretty good last season, after the ASG and when he was finally healthy.

This year, if you note, when he has started in place of AJ, he has 1 double, 2 HRs and 9 RBIs.

Lough played pretty good last season, after the ASG and when he was finally healthy.

This year, if you note, when he has started in place of AJ, he has 1 double, 2 HRs and 9 RBIs.

Too early for me at the moment, but I will get his career splits pre and post All-star break. He hits better in the 2nd half of the year.

Why does it seem like we are one of only a few teams that has an ever-rotatating platoon of outfielders? Seems like Buck hardly ever gives the same guy a start out there 2 days in a row. I'm sure alot of it has to do with hitting splits and whatnot, and the fact that we have alot of OF depth, but i think there has to be something about guys getting consistent playing time and how they get in a rhythm. Most teams, not all, have their 3 set outfielders who trot out there night in and night out. We've got a different guy in LF and RF every single night. My vote is when Adam comes back, have him in CF, Lough in LF and Parmalee or Snider in RF and leave them there a while. That does leave Reimold and Young out of the mix except to fill the DH spot when Weiters catches, and when he has the day off completely. Does anyone else have similar thoughts?

Why does it seem like we are one of only a few teams that has an ever-rotatating platoon of outfielders?

Probably because other than Adam Jones, we don't have a player that has proven himself capable of playing everyday. That means staying healthy, playing defense at a high level and hitting both righties and lefties adequately. All of Young, Reimold, Snider, Parmalee, Pearce, and Lough have had one issue or another raise question marks over their ability to perform on a regular basis. Yet, all have shown the ability to perform in a more limited role.

Probably because other than Adam Jones, we don't have a player that has proven himself capable of playing everyday. That means staying healthy, playing defense at a high level and hitting both righties and lefties adequately. All of Young, Reimold, Snider, Parmalee, Pearce, and Lough have had one issue or another raise question marks over their ability to perform on a regular basis. Yet, all have shown the ability to perform in a more limited role.

That makes sense, but have they all been given an opportunity to play for a month and see what kind of numbers they put up?

Why does it seem like we are one of only a few teams that has an ever-rotatating platoon of outfielders? Seems like Buck hardly ever gives the same guy a start out there 2 days in a row. I'm sure alot of it has to do with hitting splits and whatnot, and the fact that we have alot of OF depth, but i think there has to be something about guys getting consistent playing time and how they get in a rhythm. Most teams, not all, have their 3 set outfielders who trot out there night in and night out. We've got a different guy in LF and RF every single night. My vote is when Adam comes back, have him in CF, Lough in LF and Parmalee or Snider in RF and leave them there a while. That does leave Reimold and Young out of the mix except to fill the DH spot when Weiters catches, and when he has the day off completely. Does anyone else have similar thoughts?

Nope, not when the team just went won 12 out of 15.

Buck is far from perfect, but hard to argue with winning baseball.

Nope, not when the team just went won 12 out of 15.

Buck is far from perfect, but hard to argue with winning baseball.

I agree that it's working well NOW, but until our recent winning streak the same process in the OF was taking place and we were losing...

I agree that it's working well NOW, but until our recent winning streak the same process in the OF was taking place and we were losing...

But, it wasn't always the OF fault the team was losing, the pitchers were pitching poorly in the beginning of the year.

Dumping DeAza and bringing up Paredes, Parmalee and Reimold and activating Wieters seams to have ready shook their mojo and they have kicked into a well playing team.

Archived