The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Hunter gave up an Un-Earned run! And Ryan Flaherty erred. Remind me why we even have them?
And just when Bud was beginning to build value so we can trade him to a contending team.

Wait, does this belong in the Mega Thread?

Yes. Yes it does.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CqvhMeZ2PlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing

Memory and desire, stirring

Dull roots with spring rain.

Winter kept us warm, covering

Earth in forgetful snow, feeding

A little life with dried tubers.

I know there are a few vent threads going on at the moment, so if the urge to merge compels, please act upon it.

But seriously, what is even happening right now? There have been some miscues, but to be honest they haven't been game-blowing miscues for the most part. The pitching has been decent, the hitting has slumped a little but is still decent, and the defense has been better recently.

What gives? This team is not this bad to continue to have multiple-game losing streaks like this. We are spinning our wheels and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me when I look at our opponents and the make-up of our roster.

2 games under .500, 4.5 back of the Yankees, in dead freakin' last place. The team needs some kind of spark or something, because clearly getting decent pitching is not equaling wins at the moment.

They may be on the right track. They won today.

If this were just a matter of losing games it would be one thing. Like oh well it's a long season, we'll make some moves at the deadline and go on a run. But when your division rival is using the reliever,that you gave up a top 5 prospect for, to beat you it's a totally different anger. Everyone here knows we aren't a big spending team. But yet you sell the fans on the idea of resource allocation. Then let the most dominant reliever and HR hitter walk in one offseason, you have to take some warranted criticism. Bottomline is that we have alot of mediocre parts trying to fill the roles that two players could have filled at basically the same price. And for a team that doesn't have many longterm obligations it doesn't make sense to be in this position.

On a side note. Now Gausman is hurt. So our top 3 future pitching prospects all have serious injury questions right now. That's why when you're close and coming off making it to the ALCS you have to go for it. We easily could have gone for it and not mortgaged the future.

Gausman is not a serious injury threat? They were debating even putting him on the DL.

If kind of feels like things got out of whack when Schoop went down. He might be a key clubhouse guy, and we miss his power. Also, we're missing a huge bat in Steve Pearce. The lineup was kind of counting on him.

Missing? For any of us to be really counting on Pearce to come in as a starter, or play a major role when he hadn't done that before in his career (prior to last year) is a bit of an issue. I think people may have been assuming quite a bit there. He had a really nice year last year, but had there been any proof in year's past that that would surface?

I want him to do as well as anyone here, but we're talking about someone that prior to 2014 hadn't come close to playing 100 games in a single year. Solid role player? Yep. He's a piece, but not someone we should be relying on for his bat.

I think comparing last years record at any point to this years is silly. Last year the Orioles had health, career seasons from Norris and Chen, and an MVP caliber season from Nelson Cruz. None of those things and more are or will be happening for this years team.

If anything we have corner outfielders in a state of flux with questionable contributions both offensively and defensively, Davis is still wildly unpredictable and a strikeout machine. There is no one to "protect" Adam Jones in this lineup and though Wieters is going to return within a month or so, the jury is still out on what he can do with the bat and his arm. This is a .500 team.

Oddly, I disagree. The offense last year scored 705 runs. This year, it's still early, but the pace is 780+ runs. The difference is the on base percentage of Jones and Parades. I like both for career years in 2015. Parades may be the real deal.

The pitching era from May 31st last year to the end of the season was 3.02. Norris was good, Ubaldo bad. It's reversed this year. Chen and Gonzo are underrated. The last 15+ games have shown the same thing, the pitching looks good. Barring injury, we are on course.

The defense has been poor. That is the only thing that upsets me.

That was bad and no bunting to beat the shift?

Mega-thread

Yah especially when McCann can flub two bunts to the left side and with two strikes lace an oppo "good piece of hitting" liner...:cussing:

What do we need here Gordo? :scratchchinhmm:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the fact that the Orioles are 0-15 in games this year when trailing after 9 innings. If we don't turn that around, we might as well trade away AJ.

It's like nobody knows nothing around here.

Well, we are 0-15 in games when trailing after 9 innings because the Owner is only willing to pay for half a team. I haven't bothered to look it up, but I bet we have the best 5 inning team in baseball. We just aren't willing to pay for the other 4 innings. Miller, Cruz and yes, Nick and this team is no doubt UNDEFEATED. But unfortunately, MLB will let us play home games with no fans, or in Tampa, but won't let the Orioles play 5 innings.

;)

Archived