The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get losing sucks, but you have to have some resemblance to reality.

I LOVE the O's they are the only damn MLB team I've ever rooted for AND I am a ROTTEN, POOR loser and admit it :rofl:

Learned long ago this isn't football with limited games THERE'S a LONG way to go.

If were a .500 club so be it I'll ***** in September :laughlol:

I LOVE the O's they are the only damn MLB team I've ever rooted for AND I am a ROTTEN POOR loser and admit it :rofl:

Learned long ago this isn't football with limited game THERE'S a LONG way to go.

I didnt mean you need to have reality.

Sorry, I was taking a shot at one of trolls, crying this team is so bad.

Once again:

Nelson Cruz in 28 games has been worth 1.4 rWAR and 1.2 fWAR so far this season.

Jimmy Paredes in 15 games has been worth 0.8 rWAR and 0.8 fWAR so far this season.

Nelson Cruz is 34+ and makes $14.25 million this year and in his age 35, 36, and 37 seasons.

Jimmy Paredes makes $515,000 and he's 26.

I'm not saying Jimmy Paredes is going to continue what he's doing or that he's going to be Nelson Cruz. I'm just showing that even with how well Cruz is hitting to start the season that he's still only been worth about a half a win more than Jimmy Paredes. I'll gladly take a loss of a half a win, rather than pay a 34+ year old DH $14.25 million dollars for 4 straight years.

Are you trying to deny me the schadenfreude that will come with Cruz' inevitable slumps? (Not schadenfreude over Cruz' future slump, but schadenfreude over the guys who're currently saying not signing Cruz was mind-bogglingly stupid.)

Not at all. If he stops hitting, or gets hurt or otherwise can't perform, that would be something new to talk about. The fact that he's hitting well during the first year of his contract and could have helped us this year is not something most rational persons would dispute, and reading post after post to that effect has gotten a bit tiresome to me, and I gather to others.

I mean, there may have been a few off the field issues recently that could explain our inability to gain traction on the field as well.

Having games canceled, having to play home games on the road, screwing up our schedule and rhythm. These things may not seem like much but they matter to guys as highly routine as major league baseball players.

Not to mention, we've just had some tough breaks in games. One night our starting pitching is good and the offense struggles or vice cersa. And to start the year the bullpen sucked. We just haven't been able to put it together in all phases yet and we've had some injuries.

It's not time to panic yet. We've lost quite a few very winnable games so far. Just have to hope that sooner than later, those results are going to turn around for us.

Guest rochester
I've watched and listened to about a third of their games this year, because I don't feel like they're good enough to make the playoffs this year - hopefully they prove me wrong. Last year, I watched or listened to almost every game. I'm not the only one like that.

Have you ever thought that this is the reason why? That it's your fault for not watching or listening and it's causing you not to listen or watch? I am sure that you know that you listening or watching is much cheaper than Cruz's salary. Even if you turn the TV audio off and just watch and not listen or mistakenly hit the O's channel when in your car and listen for an inning or so. You don't have to do both - start small, but you need to listen or watch every game.

I didnt mean you need to have reality.

Sorry, I was taking a shot at one of trolls, crying this team is so bad.

So if this team wins 78 games are you going to admit you were wrong?

I think comparing last years record at any point to this years is silly. Last year the Orioles had health, career seasons from Norris and Chen, and an MVP caliber season from Nelson Cruz. None of those things and more are or will be happening for this years team.

If anything we have corner outfielders in a state of flux with questionable contributions both offensively and defensively, Davis is still wildly unpredictable and a strikeout machine. There is no one to "protect" Adam Jones in this lineup and though Wieters is going to return within a month or so, the jury is still out on what he can do with the bat and his arm. This is a .500 team.

The hitting has not been the issue despite losing Cruz. The Orioles OPS this season is .771, good for second in the AL. Last year they were 3rd with a .734 OPS.

At the end of the day, the pitching and defense have not been as good. They have a 4.33 ERA (11) compared to a 3.43 ERA (3rd) last year and their fielding percentage has fallen from .986 (1st) to .982 (9th). Tillman and Norris have been big culprits this season as they've combined to go 3-7 with a 7.76 ERa over 11 starts.

In the bullpen, the big difference is not having that third shutdown reliever. As I said over off season, the biggest loss the Orioles will have to overcome is Andrew Miller. The Royals and Orioles showed last year how important it is to have threee shutodown relievers to shorten the games to six innings.

The good news is that track records say that Tillman and Norris are not going to continue to be this bad and a healthy Hardy and Flaherty should stabalize the defense. The bad news is I don't see that 3rd shutdown reliever on this team.

The hitting has not been the issue despite losing Cruz. The Orioles OPS this season is .771, good for second in the AL. Last year they were 3rd with a .734 OPS.

At the end of the day, the pitching and defense have not been as good. They have a 4.33 ERA (11) compared to a 3.43 ERA (3rd) last year and their fielding percentage has fallen from .986 (1st) to .982 (9th). Tillman and Norris have been big culprits this season as they've combined to go 3-7 with a 7.76 ERa over 11 starts.

In the bullpen, the big difference is not having that third shutdown reliever. As I said over off season, the biggest loss the Orioles will have to overcome is Andrew Miller. The Royals and Orioles showed last year how important it is to have threee shutodown relievers to shorten the games to six innings.

The good news is that track records say that Tillman and Norris are not going to continue to be this bad and a healthy Hardy and Flaherty should stabalize the defense. The bad news is I don't see that 3rd shutdown reliever on this team.

We managed quite well with out Miller for the bulk of the season. We had a sizable lead when we picked him up. It would be nice to have him now but we didn't need him to win last year.

The bad news is I don't see that 3rd shutdown reliever on this team.

:agree: I am foolish I know, but Miller is the guy I wanted to throw $$$ at it drives me NUTS to see him with the MFY.

No only that the only shut down guy out there is ZB IMHO. The rest I hold my breath with.

:agree: I am foolish I know, but Miller is the guy I wanted to throw $$$ at it drives me NUTS to see him with the MFY.

No only that the only shut down guy out there is ZB IMHO. The rest I hold my breath with.

You hold your breath with O'Day? He's been better than Britton this year and has a much longer track record of success. I would call O'Day a shutdown reliever.

Archived