Norris Sick, May Miss Start

Can_of_corn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matusz would be a better option than Norris, but I think McFarland is the best option until Gausman is ready.

I don't think the Orioles want Gausman throwing 100 anywhere right now. What do you think of the Orthopod visit?

I won't even make a joke about being sick of Norris.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norris might not make start tmrw. Sent home with the chills. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norris back at hotel. Had chills. Buck would use a reliever tomorrow</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> wouldn't call up pitcher for 1 pm game tmrw. Made adjustments with pen for tmrw.</p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

His pitching makes me ill. How much more of this guy do we have to witness?

Bud's comments to Roch after the game demonstrate to me that he isn't my type of player. He alluded to several excuses for today AND made it clear that he both thought he had good stuff and deserved a better fate. In fact, it was pretty clear that he was blamely a lot of the runs on his defense.

He gave up 10 baserunners (6 hits, 3 walks, and 1 HBP) in 3.1 innings while striking out two. He had 45 balls and 43 strikes. His season WHIP is 1.87.

I won't post his comments here, but I found them very disappointing. I'm definitely ready to move on.

Duquette needs to unload him now, and we would go with Wilson in his place.

I think Matusz has starter caliber stuff again IF he had consistent command. Of course, that is like saying I could have been a major league pitcher if I was 6'4" instead of 6'0". That's all well and good but I'm not so it doesn't matter. Lol.

I thought you didn't like his make-up? I don't either.

Bud's comments to Roch after the game demonstrate to me that he isn't my type of player. He alluded to several excuses for today AND made it clear that he both thought he had good stuff and deserved a better fate. In fact, it was pretty clear that he was blamely a lot of the runs on his defense.

He gave up 10 baserunners (6 hits, 3 walks, and 1 HBP) in 3.1 innings while striking out two. He had 45 balls and 43 strikes. His season WHIP is 1.87.

I won't post his comments here, but I found them very disappointing. I'm definitely ready to move on.

Link, please. I would like to see Norris' s comments.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/05/roster-move-and-wrapping-up-a-6-2-loss.html

I guess it's all in how you want to read the context.

I don't get anything close to that out of his words.

Thanks for the link. I wanted to read Norris's comments myself and not make a judgment based on someone else's summary. He was truly sick and he wasn't making up the stuff about not being 100% because of recovering from a stomach virus. I suppose he could have gritted it out without mentioning the virus. On the other hand, I'm sure that the virus affected his pitching.

The only comment that I found questionable is the following:

You never want to take the game out of your hands and leave it in someone else's hands, but I thought there were a couple calls that could have gone my way, a couple of plays that could have gone my way. The ball's just not bouncing our way right now and it's frustrating, but this team has a lot of grit and a lot of grind. We've got to get back to it.
Is he deflecting the blame onto his teammates? Not sure.

Thanks for the link. I wanted to read Norris's comments myself and not make a judgment based on someone else's summary. He was truly sick and he wasn't making up the stuff about not being 100% because of recovering from a stomach virus. I suppose he could have gritted it out without mentioning the virus. On the other hand, I'm sure that the virus affected his pitching.

The only comment that I found questionable is the following:Is he deflecting the blame onto his teammates? Not sure.

Listening to Joe Angel yesterday, he seemed to think Norris was getting squeezed a bit.

Archived