Rasheed Sulaimon expected to commit to Terps.

This will probably propel them to #1 or 2 for preseason.

Now...how do I stop hating him? If he has his attitude in check I might be able to welcome someone who is smart enough to graduate Duke early. Supposedly his former issue was with being benched and playing time.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/report-rasheed-sulaimon-expected-to-commit-to-maryland/

Uh, this doesn't sound like a Buck guy....oh wait. Seriously, it will be tough to cheer for a former Duke (I have an hyper irrational dislike for Duke...I blame Dick Vitale mostly), but if this means a preseason #1 or #2 and a team we can be really enjoying late in March, well then....bring him on. I am guessing this was not Frobby's Duke version of Markakis, so he probably will not be too upset.

I had to actually go watch some video (https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Rasheed+Sulaimon&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001 ), my memory of him was hazy, but he definitely looks like he has a nice feel for the ball and a very nice long range shot. Melo will enjoy finding him open on the perimter, no doubt.

MD is definitely stacked, will be awesome to have something like this to look forward to once baseball is over.

Speaking as a Dukie...what I always liked about Sulaimon is that you could run an isolation play for him late in the game and he always seemed to score or get fouled. He's a great weapon when protecting a narrow lead late in the game.

I think his main contribution will be on defense. He can obviously do some scoring as well, but MD struggled with perimeter defense at times this year, they need a long, quick guy out there to stop dribble penetration, and Sulaimon can do that if his head is in the right place.

• 6 months later...

Archived