vs. MARINERS, 5/21

OFFNY

What's the forecast for Baltimore, will this rain pass? I *finally* got a weekday game here in Germany that I could watch after work (at 6:30 pm local time) and now Pearce's grand slam might go up in smoke? Argh.

It looks like it is moving past Baltimore. It is just now passing Columbia (my old stomping ground) and should be moving past Baltimore soon. Now how much rain Baltimore has gotten I do not know.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the forecast for Baltimore, will this rain pass? I *finally* got a weekday game here in Germany that I could watch after work (at 6:30 pm local time) and now Pearce's grand slam might go up in smoke? Argh.

Game will be finished. Beauty of 12:45 game.

It looks like it is moving past Baltimore. It is just now passing Columbia (my old stomping ground) and should be moving past Baltimore soon. Now how much rain Baltimore has gotten I do not know.

It hasn't been raining very much. Just a constant drizzle all day. Good news is weather.com is reporting a 0% chance of rain at 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm so we should be able to finish this barring some extra inning craziness.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USMD0018:1:US

The question is does Tillman come back out and pitch again? Normally not after this long of a delay but I'd like to see him try to get some momentum. He looked awful before the rain delay.

When people talk about the Orioles problems, yes the corner outfielderes haven't been hitting and their have been fielding and baserunning mistakes but it all comes down to starting pitching. If Tillman was 5-2 instead of 2-5 we'd be tied for 1st.

It was the same thing against Detroit in the playoffs last year. Everyone was missing the big picture. If Tilman and Norris hadn't pitched to a 10 and 8 ERAs in games 1 and 2, we would have been up 2-0 or at least 1-1 and then it's a totally different series.

If they cannot continue today' date=' do they just pick up where they left off from tomorrow or another day? Or do they have to start over?[/quote']

Orioles go to play Marlins tomorrow won't be back til Sunday and next week is full. Also think this is M's only east coast trip.

This gets a resounding booooooo from me. Navarro has looked good in limited appearances.

We must be watching a different player. He has no range and that play last night where he came in on the slow roller and his throw kinda flipped up in the air is something I can see at the local park with 10 year olds.

If they cannot continue today' date=' do they just pick up where they left off from tomorrow or another day? Or do they have to start over?[/quote']

We haven't gone 4 and a half innings, and it isn't tied. So if it's called now, we start all over from scratch when (if) the game is made up.

We must be watching a different player. He has no range and that play last night where he came in on the slow roller and his throw kinda flipped up in the air is something I can see at the local park with 10 year olds.

Agreed. I thought I was watching a 40 year old, Sunday park league player trying to relive his glory days. The body just doesn't move like it used to.

If Tillman was 5-2 instead of 2-5 we'd be tied for 1st

If anyone on the staff was 5-2 rather than 2-5 we'd be tied for 1st. I don't blame Tillman alone. There's been bad starting pitching, some really, really bad fielding, bad baserunning, and in some games an absolute lack of hitting. This is not just on Tillman and Norris.

Agreed. I thought I was watching a 40 year old, Sunday park league player trying to relive his glory days. The body just doesn't move like it used to.

I know this situation all too well. I'm a 40 year old softball player with a bum shoulder and a belly that doesn't let me field grounders well anymore. I volunteered to catch the past couple years, and even that hurts like hell. Finally gave it up for good this year...or at least for a few years until my body heals.

Anybody know how much more the rain might be?

Don't live in Baltimore but the radar shows it's heading out right about now, so I'd give it another half hour before they resume, they have to get the field ready again.

I know this situation all too well. I'm a 40 year old softball player with a bum shoulder and a belly that doesn't let me field grounders well anymore. I volunteered to catch the past couple years, and even that hurts like hell. Finally gave it up for good this year...or at least for a few years until my body heals.

I'm well past that at 51. I'm doing great if I can hit fungos to the kids on my scout teams at this point after three back surgeries, three knee surgeries and a rotator cuff surgery.

Maybe we can give Navarro advice on when to hang it up. ;)

Archived